dreambox done in 1 hour

goody5555

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi just to let you all know i have just done my first box and following the xcellant tut it took only 1 hour to do all channels done apart from front row
q would the sevices xml form my dbox work with the netrino image on dream or would i have to edit my services like i did for dbox well ill give it a few hours to see if anyone can tell me and then i will have a go if no replys and will post my findings
:Jester:

Well done I know the feeling, you can convert your dbox services file using bouquetter, open ur services file in bouquetter and then save as a gemini image, use flash fxp to send them to ur dreambox (now this next bit will sound stupid but it worked for me cos I cant get a ftp connection to any bouq editing software) then do a manual scan for ur area and thats it. I must be doin something wrong somewhere along the way to have to follow this route but we all have to learn.

well that sounds ok but if i convert it to gemini it will no longer be a neutrino image services xml

Sorry I misread ur post, I believe u can do this the only way to find out is try it, if u mess up u can always start again lol,
PS dont forget to back up ur image if you've done some work on it

Last edited:
goody5555 said:
hi just to let you all know i have just done my first box and following the xcellant tut it took only 1 hour to do all channels done apart from front row
q would the sevices xml form my dbox work with the netrino image on dream or would i have to edit my services like i did for dbox well ill give it a few hours to see if anyone can tell me and then i will have a go if no replys and will post my findings
:Jester:

Good stuff, dont know if you'll be able to convert from dbox to Neutrino, this image seems to behave a little differently to others, leefield may be able to shed some light as I think he has been playing at this too.

Could someome please comfirm the file paths for bouquets and services to the dreambox runnin enigma 2.5 uk modare/VAR/TUXBOX/CONFIG/ENIGMA and /VAR/ETC respectively, also whats the path for games, thanks

urmmm
just spent 2hours editing services xml file but no luck still will not unlock channels put all the id codes in stead of all the ff ff ff ff
transfered file back but no good i have now noticed that the feq is different
i mean in dbox files the freq is different to the dreambox frq scan how can this be any one help and somehow i have put the clock on screen how do i get it off

Are u using a Gemini Image or a Nuetrino Image, Doh.......ok I'm not with it sussed its a nuetrino

Last edited:
goody5555 said:
dm500_npus_116z
north lincs

Did you get the image from here?

Does it have the mgcamd installed?

First off have you done a FULL scan 'Automatic' for your area? i.e 6952 or 6887

If so can you get the FTA channels i.e BBC etc

To remove the time press 'Menu' then hit the Red Key

Dingodog said:
Could someome please comfirm the file paths for bouquets and services to the dreambox runnin enigma 2.5 uk modare/VAR/TUXBOX/CONFIG/ENIGMA and /VAR/ETC respectively, also whats the path for games, thanks

Not 100% sure mate as running Neutrino again but they look right, maybe a PM to Liam as he knows his way around the filepaths etc

this is a line from my services xml that i edited from dbox services file
<TS id="0009" on="0031" frq="514750" inv="2" sr="6887000" fec="3" mod="3">
<S i="0385" n="PPV_1 [0W]" t="4"/>
<S i="0839" n="PPV_5 [0W]" t="4"/>
<S i="038a" n="PPV_6 [0W]" t="4"/>
<S i="038b" n="PPV_7 [0W]" t="4"/>
<S i="038c" n="PPV_8 [0W]" t="4"/>
<S i="038d" n="PPV_9 [0W]" t="4"/>
<S i="0386" n="PPV_2 [0W]" t="4"/>
<S i="0388" n="PPV_4 [0W]" t="4"/>
<S i="0387" n="PPV_3 [0W]" t="4"/>
and this is the dbox file
<transponder id="0009" onid="0031" frequency="515000000" inversion="2" symbol_rate="6887000" fec_inner="3" modulation="3">
<channel service_id="0385" name="Front Row 01" service_type="01"/>
<channel service_id="0386" name="Front Row 02" service_type="01"/>
<channel service_id="0387" name="Front Row 03" service_type="01"/>
<channel service_id="0388" name="Front Row 04" service_type="01"/>
<channel service_id="0389" name="Front Row 05" service_type="01"/>
<channel service_id="038a" name="Front Row 06" service_type="01"/>
<channel service_id="038b" name="Front Row 07" service_type="01"/>
<channel service_id="038c" name="Front Row 08" service_type="01"/>
<channel service_id="038d" name="Front Row 09" service_type="01"/>
</transponder>
can anyone through any light as to why tis wont work on dreambox

goody5555 said:
this is a line from my services xml that i edited from dbox services file

and this is the dbox file

can anyone through any light as to why tis wont work on dreambox

Doesn't make sense do you mean dreambox (at the top)?

also on mine...

yes the top xml file is the one from my dreambox that i edited

@goody5555 try kepping the name the same. if they work in your dbox as;

<channel service_id="0385" name="Front Row 01" service_type="01"/>
<channel service_id="0386" name="Front Row 02" service_type="01"/>
<channel service_id="0387" name="Front Row 03" service_type="01"/>
<channel service_id="0388" name="Front Row 04" service_type="01"/>

just try to keep the name the same so

<S i="0385" n="Front Row 01 [ow]" t="1"/> and so on....
also i notice the type is different you've got the dreambox to "4" and dbox to "1" so try the dreambox to "1" aswell

yo yo yipeeeeeeeeeeee sorted it found the answer
to my ppv problem just need a bit more of a tweek on the xml file so if anyone wants north lincs xml just ask i will post if allowed
thanks for youre help

Back