dreambox DM800HD My Guide on how I setup my

Re: My Guide on how I setup my DM800HD

is there any guides like this for the 500s! or a 1 to use a 500c as a server!

do you hav to hav a card in the box for card sharing or can you card share without a card inthe box, thnaks

can anyone recommend some good card sharing c lines that i can buy

You have to have a card somewhere if you want to share. Whether this is local (i.e. in your box) or remote (i.e. in your server or someone elses).

As for Payservers (i.e.the ones you buy C Lines from\for) - getting shafted springs to mind.

Thanks looking forward to getting into this new area for me! Down with V*rgin !! Booo

Hi,
My first post on this forum, and an absolute newb to satellite stuff.
I've just read through your guide a couple of times, congrats it's very comprehensive.
I've just acquired a DB DV3 600-S PVR, can I assume I'll find similar screens, menus etc. on my unit .... can anyone comment please. Just looking for info at this stage. ... Jack

You have to have a card somewhere if you want to share. Whether this is local (i.e. in your box) or remote (i.e. in your server or someone elses).

As for Payservers (i.e.the ones you buy C Lines from\for) - getting shafted springs to mind.
Hi,

Nice informative post. New to the scene but interested in trying this out. Do people tend to do their own cardshare or is everyone of the opinion that premium card servers are a no no option?

Cheers,

M.

Excellent post well done !!

I have a question. i have found a cardservers, and i want to enter and edit the config file with info. I know there is an f and c line but i dont know how to enter the info. for example if a server states the following,
PROTOKOL : NewCamd5.25
NAME : name of server
HOST : 123.**.**.**
DESKEY : 123456789
USER: user1
PASS: password1
PORT : 12345
CAID : 0***

Exactly how should the F or C line look like? is the following anywhere close?

C: 123.**.**0** user1 password1 123456789 0***

Any info would be gladly apreiciated

i have read so myany guides, and did not know where to start, this is the best guide, hope to see a video version on ytube soon!

Are you trying to put a new image on your box ?

If so un-plug the power and then hold the button on the front and then plug the power back in holding the button all the time you will then see **STOP** and an IP address, then put this in your browser and the flash page will be there.!

Are you trying to put a new image on your box ?

If so un-plug the power and then hold the button on the front and then plug the power back in holding the button all the time you will then see **STOP** and an IP address, then put this in your browser and the flash page will be there.!

Thanks for the reply.Yeah I am trying to upload a new image.I have done as you said but I still get the same page,nowhere to flash.I can see the ip address on the front of the dreambox,I have put that address into my browser and I still get that page?

close internet explorer down and delete your history, it's the "cache" that's stopping it showing you the right flash page mate! then open up IE again and try the IP address again

I think I have got it now.Windows explorer 9 didn't like it.I have done the same thing on Firefox and the correct page has loaded up.Thanks again for your help Dibbers.

Could you explain me how to upgrade de ssl?, and if i have to do before or after a new Firmware Upgrade.
Thanks.

install firmware
do not reboot when finished
open new browser window
flash ssl
reboot

:)

Thats it Guys/Gals
DM 800 for me due to this great set up thread...
Oh lordy, some head scratching to come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back