dreambox 8000

kpupdated

Inactive User
Reaction score
My partner has been on a private forum and has just told me about the cost of being a beta tester in Europe......900 euros thats over £800. The forum is sat4all.com but is all in Dutch thats where he got the info from.

_www.sat4all.co uk is a very large satellite forum but this is the dutch version guys. Would you pay that sort of money?

Just wondered if anyone would be purchasing the new dm8000....I have knowledge that in Europe they are also being asked if they could be beta testers for 900 euros thats about £800. We have a dm7020 and its a fab box allows you do everything. Can even get cheaper hd by putting in a skystar hd card.

Last edited by a moderator:
My partner has been on a private forum and has just told me about the cost of being a beta tester in Europe......900 euros thats over £800. The forum is sat4all.com but is all in Dutch thats where he got the info from.

Why the fcuk should you have to pay anything to test a product? The box itself, I believe when released(If ever), is meant to be cheaper.

I believe it is to cut costs with dreammultimedia that they have to get their customers to test the boxes but surely they should have their own team of people to do this. Also if you think about it is that they get the money up front....you may as a tester in England get it cheaper. I also question are they financially having troubles as my source....my partner said they were once just a few years ago.

everything ive beta tested ive either been given for free, or given with no charge with the option of buying as a greatly reduced price once the testing stage is over

i have about 20 different receivers here, and have only paid for one of them, and i only paid 1/4 of the list price, and that wasnt paid untill 7 months AFTER i had the product, i also had the option to return it once the testing was over

just a quickie mate,

do you have any knowledge of Ubuntu running with the dreambox 7020, ati radeon x1550 card and skystar hd?

none at all sorry m8, but what are you trying to do?

The cost is 900 euros which is just over £700, but you cant blame DMM for the weak pound and strong Euro. The offer is to be owner of a box from the first batch that is manufactured, and ultimately test the first public images and extras released. If you dont like being the first to own new products or cant afford it then its no problem you arent forced to.
Of course dream multimedia have built and tested this product already, but as with any new satellite product it requires ongoing development. Nothing new, but instead of releasing to retail consumers first (like Sky or freesat or manufacturers use public as beta testers) dream want professionals and those with more experience to test and give feedback.
People can start rumours or spread rumours, but its of no importance really. DMM will get many experienced users to purchase the initial batch, even knowing that the price will likely fall in time. This again is totally normal like with sony playstation, lcd screens, blu-ray recorders, etc etc.

just a quickie mate,

do you have any knowledge of Ubuntu running with the dreambox 7020, ati radeon x1550 card and skystar hd?

Ubuntu is a OS alot like windows XP and isnt compatiable to my knowledge with the dm7020?

everything ive beta tested ive either been given for free, or given with no charge with the option of buying as a greatly reduced price once the testing stage is over

i have about 20 different receivers here, and have only paid for one of them, and i only paid 1/4 of the list price, and that wasnt paid untill 7 months AFTER i had the product, i also had the option to return it once the testing was over

you lucky b*****d can i be your best freind:love:

Have just been talking to Bryant about HD boxes & he sent me through these pics.

Should be out next month, space for a HDD inside as well as external, his company is looking for a name for it & best thing is price, not confirmed yet but he says prob be $150, oh & it is set up for CS out of the box ;-)

Have just been talking to Bryant about HD boxes & he sent me through these pics.

Should be out next month, space for a HDD inside as well as external, his company is looking for a name for it & best thing is price, not confirmed yet but he says prob be $150, oh & it is set up for CS out of the box ;-)

You absolute dancer! Keep us informed please. :banana:

Would this be a Dm800 clone ?

what kind of firmware are they going to use?

Back