Dreambox 600pvr trying to connecdt to PC

Well some progress but not much, I will try to explain where I am at present.
New cable came this morning, tried it and still could not get connected, but a little progress. When I connect my dreambox to my spare ethernet card and ping 192.168.100 all is well ping 192.168.1.101(dreambox) come back request timed out.
So I connected dreambox to my computers ethernet conection, ping 192.168.1.100 all is well again ping 192.168.1.101 again all is well. Open up my ftp enter 192.168.1.101 root and dreambox password try to conect and guess what no good, all it say cannot connect socket error.

Can anyone help.

Pawnhawk

Hi Bakerman
Just tried dcc still no good, came up with this error message (Error 10057 in function send socket not connected), not sure if this means anything to you. I am beginning to suspect the dreambox, don't know what else to try, unless someone does.

pawnhawk

Well finally got connected, I though my router had gone some time ago as I could not connect to the net through it, but after a bit of fiddling got it to work!. Now I have connected through my router Hooray.

Plenty of reading to do now, but as Arnie said I'll be back you can bet on it.

Thanks for all your help, I think I may need it again.

Pawnhawk.

well done m8 , as they say if at first you dont succeed try try again. if you can remember what you did that worked post it as it might help somebody else with the same prob.hope you get it sorted soon.

Hi Thanks for all your help. The way I did it in the end was so simple, I rang satstore and he told me it would be very difficult to do it by the ethernet way, but be very easy using a router which I thought mine had gone US. So after a bit of fiddling got the router working.

Plugged the dreambox in the router, into dreambox setup, I know it says leave DHCP unchecked but satstore said to leave it so I did, it found my router. went into my ftp software typed in the number on the top line in the communication screen + root and dreambox and bobs your uncle I was in, but as I said earlier even though this was difficult for me, I think the next bit may be harder we will see.

Pawnhawk

Back