dreambox 600c

mullo

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all just purchased the 600 c waiting on its arrival can anyone tell me if its a good machine and can you watch another programm while recording.

excellent box m8 you wont regret paying out for it, recording is great but you cant watch and record at same time, somebody did tell me you can if on same transponders but never tried it, plus i dont know which are on same anyway.

excellent box m8 you wont regret paying out for it, recording is great but you cant watch and record at same time, somebody did tell me you can if on same transponders but never tried it, plus i dont know which are on same anyway.

You CAN watch and record at the same time m8, you can also record one channel and switch to another channel as long as the other channel is on the same transponder as the channel you're recording from.

You can also timeshift the channel your recording at the same time you're recording it.

Example you're recording eastenders or something - you start watching it and press the record button. at this point the program starts writing to the hard drive, you can then pause,rewind or fast forward(upto the point you have recorded). You can also switch channels (on the same transponder) and eastenders will still be recording.

how do you know if it is on the same transponder? I thought you needed two tuners in order to be able to do this.

how do you know if it is on the same transponder? I thought you needed two tuners in order to be able to do this.

good question i also would like to know the answer to this

good question i also would like to know the answer to this
On most images, the channels that are not on the active transponder will be removed from the channel selection, when a recording is started. You don't need two tuners, as the tuner has access to the entire transponder, which will typically give you 6-10 channels, give or take.

i just press video button up pops the dvr menu then i press pause :):) fook off for a smoke com back press play easy, if u press the channel up/down should bring up a list of avaible channels on transponder, trouble is kids are always doing it and filling up hard drive pmsl

cheers

osborne82

600 c

Thanks a lot guys for all your help cant wait for the box to arrive what is the best image for the 600 c and were can I download it from.

i use pli iolite and find it excelent.
you can download it from their website here

i use pli iolite and find it excelent.
you can download it from their website here

I use this image but it wont let you pause live tv i.e press video button and press pause, hope this helps when installing your image, the best thing this image offers to me is the 14 day epg plugin. which you will find in the sat forum. epg in my area is crap and it pisses her off when she wants to record stuff.

the gringo

I use this image but it wont let you pause live tv

the gringo
you can but its long winded when you want to.
heres how i get around it

start recording the channel you are watching
then go to file mode and start playing what you are recording,
now you can hit the pause button and pause it, rewind or fast forward as much as you have recorded.

if you press OK while on the channel you are recording it will bring up all channels on that transponder

if you press OK while on the channel you are recording it will bring up all channels on that transponder

soooooooo rat how u enjoying the 600 ?? got your head round it yet :)

cheers

ozzy

getting there Oz :)
one thing its lacking m8

UK Support (Images) needs work does that ;)

getting there Oz
one thing its lacking m8

UK Support (Images) needs work does that

ummmmm

a wish list maybe ?? then i can compile a full uk image with what u guys want/need :) :) :)
dw600 image

cheers

osborne82

ps u tried e2 yet lol

ummmmm

a wish list maybe ?? then i can compile a full uk image with what u guys want/need :) :) :)
dw600 image

cheers

osborne82

ps u tried e2 yet lol
3 things i want
timeshift that works like on the jade image (press yellow and it pauses and starts to record)
a nice skin mrdudes purple one or similar with top and bottom info bars.
7 day epg

Back