Dreambox 600 s PVR

DiddyDave

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have a question about this box I have had it now for a few months now and have been happy with it except for one thing if you should have a power cut or the key updater failes the image failes and I have to re-image the box and then restore from a backup. Is there a way to stop this from happening as it is a pain. This also happens if the box should crash a re-image is required.

Many thanks
Dave

if the box just simply crashes you shouldnt have to re-flash the box a simple reboot should clear it.

never actually used a 600 but if anything like other models you can back up your image along with your service settings

if the box just simply crashes you shouldnt have to re-flash the box a simple reboot should clear it.

never actually used a 600 but if anything like other models you can back up your image along with your service settings

Yes I know that you can bak up your box but I have to reflash it first via serial as unable to flash via network and this takes about 30 min

well as i say you shouldnt have to reflash it just if freezes a simple turn off and on should cure it. if not why not try another image such as a nabilosat as these are about the best u can get and see how that goes,but if still the same i'd say send it back as it's shat or fooked

well as i say you shouldnt have to reflash it just if freezes a simple turn off and on should cure it. if not why not try another image such as a nabilosat as these are about the best u can get and see how that goes,but if still the same i'd say send it back as it's shat or fooked

Is there some thing I should do after imaging the box like a cook or save to rom command as when you turn the power off it just looses the image as if it is in a temp state or should it just work when imaged.

Is there a way to backup the complete image with the c*ms and k*ys into a nfi file. I am using the PLI image. I have used the Gemini image for a while but crashed a few times and the box needed to be reflashed. I will give the Nabilo v0.8 for DM600 image a try soon.

Thanks

Last edited:
try the nabilo 0.8 as it's the best image i ever used on a dreambox and it still keeps losing it's memory send it back as it must be faulty (possibly ram on motherboard)

Hi all I thought that I would add this question to this post to save opening another one. Is it poss to flash to the HDD yet on the DM600s as this may solve my problem as the seller of this box is unreachable so I am stuck with it. I have seen the other DM's that support multiboot is there any sign of this happening to the DM600s yet.

Cheerz

Someone in Germany has managed to do a multiboot with a Barry Allen image plugin for the DM600. I saw a post of how it could be done but as it was all in German I gave up.

Back