Dreambox 500c

colinm66656

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi everyone. Firstly I would like to thank MGB for the overview of what needed to be done to my dreambox. I need some general troubleshooting assistance as I am not sure if I have a problem with this box. I have reflashed it with the original software. I am in the Medway towns and I have the TW service file for the area. Now I may be wrong as I quite often am but I thought I should at least be able to scan for the free channels with the original image.

I have scanned both SR6900 and SR6875 sometimes it cannot find anything then other times it tells me it has found a Transponder but by the end of the scan it may say something like 65 transponders scanned but it never finds any services.

I have tried several images for the DM500 including genisis 2.2 and followed MGB's direction for installing Evocamd and autoupdate key and the nagrarom files

but after choosing 120 for sky one the screen goes blank and nothing appears until I press the menu button.

I have just ran a scan again and it says 74 transponders with 0 services scanned.

I know the picture is not quite as good as my sky plus box so I was wondering if the gain was a little low, so I took the splitter out between the cable modm ancd the dmbox and ran a single fed to the DM. Still the same.

So my question is do I have a duff dm500, should I be able to scan the free channels with the original enigma software, could he gain be to low although the picture through the TW box is not that bad just a little more noise. I have a service file but where do I put it in a DM500.

Any help appreciated it's ruining my life spent all weekend fa*ting around with it. If I can't get the cable through it then it's a waste of time for me as I can do most of the other stuff through my xbox.

Thanks for any assistance

Try a service scan with the default frequency for your area.

I assume that is a manual scan I have the following information.40976 I believe is the identifier for the provider 619.000 the frequency and 6.887 which I assume is the step rate I have tried this but receive nothing. I have just read the manualadn all of there screen shots are show SNR to be in the 90% where mine peaks at 70% I assume again that this is signal to noise ratio. I set it of on a automatic scan again it peaked an 85% then stopped with a message of "A valid transponder has been found. Verify that the right network is selected" It doesnt display any names and the SNR is going between 0 and 59% with the AGC at 44%. No LOC or SYNC.

Colin

Do a network search with the default frequency.
You get the default frequency, symbol rate and qam from the engineer menue of your subbed box.
FEC is 3/4.

Fantastic News

Thank MGB that worked got the information of the subbed box and now receiving channels at least I know the box is fine. Almost tempted to by a Nokia dbox2 as the information is more available. I am quite impressed with the speed of the box. The Pace supplied is dog slow changing channels.

I will give it another go flashing with gemini 2.2. and follow your original instructions. How long does the autokeys take to update. Do I need to run a manual scan after the autokeys.

You need a valid channel for autoupdate.
Don't forget to install the evocamd config files.

Hi colinm66656,Sorry didn't get back to e-mail you,busy this end.Glad to see you got going.The auto update should only take a few seconds, that's with n*l in my area.Good luck with it as it's not a bad box,fast and steady and good epg, As mgb said don't forget the evocamd config file! Cheers cymbal2..

Back