Dreambox 500c modded jade image - download here!

mrdude

Inactive User
Reaction score
FOR DREAMBOX 500C ONLY

Well guys finaly it's done - my modded jade image, All updates if it needs any + Addons can be done via the software management panels - no need for any re-installs!

All you need to do is this:

Install the image - scan for services or load your own backed up ones
Go to software management (yellow button) - downloads
Select keys & updates - Install roms & keyfiles
Select scam key fix scripts - choose your area
Select services and bouquets (if you live in fife) - install them (more to be added when available)

Then that's it - you'll be up and running in minutes.

You can also change your bootlogo to your own, run a startup script & there are a few more features such as backups etc.

Let me know if you find any bugs (I don't think there's any left - lol) .

Enjoy:
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

NOTE: DON'T select factory reset - you'll wipe out most of my mods - lol

just trying it now..

see if ite better then the original :D

:S and again for some reason the cam wont update for me :(

same as original jade image

other than that i do like it a lot

Just Updated :D

Last edited:
:S and again for some reason the cam wont update for me :(

same as original jade image

other than that i do like it a lot

Just Updated :D

It doesn't come with keys m8, just install them from the software management/downloads menu - then put the tv on discovery - it will clear in less than a minute. If it doesn't clear the keylist.txt file in the var/keys dir and then it will def work.

It doesn't come with keys m8, just install them from the software management/downloads menu - then put the tv on discovery - it will clear in less than a minute. If it doesn't clear the keylist.txt file in the var/keys dir and then it will def work.

yeah wen i install hjade original, found it wopuldnt clea..

but dont worry i did and i realy like the look and litte miod u have put in

one good image...

roll on DW3.0 :p

would love to try this out but sadly wont be home till october so will just have to wait till then :(

yeah wen i install hjade original, found it wopuldnt clea..

but dont worry i did and i realy like the look and litte miod u have put in

one good image...

roll on DW3.0 :p

The original pli jade doesn't clear properly because of where the pli team put the scce folder - just delete that scce folder from var and symlink it to keys - then put all the roms and keys in keys:

Telent to the box and do this command (if using the jade original from pli)

ln -sf /var/keys/ /var/scce

It will then link scce to the keys dir and the cam will see the rom files for auto updating.

either that or put the rom files in var/scce and the key files in var/keys - then it will autoupdate properly.

na i prever yours to the original soi its staying for a while

Been using the new pli jade image for satellite and have been impressed. Will look forward to this. Anyone know if there is a modded image of nabilosat for cable ?

I turned the picons on in the menu but they fail to show. Do I have to ftp them over. Also is there any chance of some more skins in the options like black matrix skin one of my favs.

I turned the picons on in the menu but they fail to show. Do I have to ftp them over. Also is there any chance of some more skins in the options like black matrix skin one of my favs.

You will need to install the skins and icons yourslef - and they take up space! see here for info on icons:

How to make your own PLicons
Example on the E1 OE boxes [DM600 / DM7020]

The file formats

Where are the files located? /etc/enigma/picon
What does an example file look like? 1_0_1_957_327B_3277_6400000_0_0_0.png -> 1600e_golden_west_network.png
What does that mean?

1 = reftype, fixed
0 = flags, fixed
1 = servicetype (1=tv)
957 = SID
327B = transponder id
3277 = network id
6400000 = namespace (orbital position 1600 --> 640 hex)
0 = parent SID
0 = parent transponder id
0 = unused

The icons

What is the file type? .png
What is the .png's image size? 70px x 53px

fook me this killed my 500 ... dreamup cant find the box on my ftp but no web interface ?
l connected with ftp but has anyone or can anyone copy and uplaod all the files to rapidshare and l can send back to the box through the ftp program... dw 2.1 or any thing ..

cheers

fook me this killed my 500 ... dreamup cant find the box on my ftp but no web interface ?
l connected with ftp but has anyone or can anyone copy and uplaod all the files to rapidshare and l can send back to the box through the ftp program... dw 2.1 or any thing ..

cheers

This image has been tested by me on lots of boxes, and others have it working to so this never killed your box - you did.

This image also does not contain the clone killer - so why not try reloading it before you jump to conclusions m8.

NOTE: dreamup does not find the box via ftp - it uses a serial port. If you look in your router logs you'll find the ip address your routers dhcp server has assigned to the box. You might need to refresh your browser or delete your old cookies.

Last edited:
This image has been tested by me on lots of boxes, and others have it working to so this never killed your box - you did.

This image also does not contain the clone killer - so why not try reloading it before you jump to conclusions m8.

NOTE: dreamup does not find the box via ftp - it uses a serial port. If you look in your router logs you'll find the ip address your routers dhcp server has assigned to the box. You might need to refresh your browser or delete your old cookies.

l did install it as a backup .ie root.cramfs . could that of done it ? writing an image now , install some bin files napster sent me and dream up started to work

edit didnt mean the image fooked it . lm sure its me or the box

can admin remove the last three post please . lm sure the image is fine . its my end

Last edited:
Hoping someone can help here.

Had problems trying to flash this image with dreamup but eventually cracked it using telnet. I like the image but I have not been able to load my own services file. I have ftp to the dream and stored them in /tmp folder but when i try to load/restore them via software downloads they are not showing up (previously using dk 1.0 image). Does anyone know a telnet command that i can use to load services.tar.gz file?

thanks in advance.

Hoping someone can help here.

Had problems trying to flash this image with dreamup but eventually cracked it using telnet. I like the image but I have not been able to load my own services file. I have ftp to the dream and stored them in /tmp folder but when i try to load/restore them via software downloads they are not showing up (previously using dk 1.0 image). Does anyone know a telnet command that i can use to load services.tar.gz file?

thanks in advance.

Put the tar.gz in tmp - use the menu to do a manual install:

Then after that in your web browser enter these commands:

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Change the 192.168.1.1 to your own box ip address.

Back