Dreambox 500 s

SmellyJocks

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,

I had sky so all the satelite is setup and I'm thinking of buying a 500s, will I get all my channel, movies, football etc like you can get with the 500c?
What does the 500s offer can it descamble also?

thanks

You can replace your existing receiver with a DM500s but you would still need to use your subscribed card to view the encrypted channels. Without it you would only get FTA.

...so does that mean the 500S is completely different to the 500C in that, with the 500C you have the option of receiving many, many (many!) channels OR just FTA if you choose.

....but with the 500S it is a 100% FTA receiver unless you have a Sky subscription?

The model is a DM500. If it has an 'S' at the end it has a satellite tuner. If it has a 'C' at the end it has a cable tuner. If it has a 'T' at the end it has a terrestrial tuner.

With a satellite box, you need the subscribed card before you will get encrypted channels. Sky it not hacked this is why you need a proper subscription card.

With a cable box, you need an image which is modified to allow you to receive encrypted channels. The image must contain nagra roms, keys and an emu. Cable is hacked, this is why we can modify images to do what we want. If you want to put an image on the box that doesn't have any keys/roms/emu then you will only get FTA channels. You can do this if you want.

I guess thats why the 500C is more popular than the 500S??? Not much point buying a 500S if Sky give you a box free anyway. Thats good info....didnt realise that about the Sky/500S setup!

you can hack some sat stuff, just not sky. So you can still use the 500s but the channels aren't really worth it. Some really dark horses here and there claim to have hacked everything and TBH I believe them but what would you do with 5000 channels when all you are going to do is watch 24 or lost anyhows ;-)

Alternatives to SKY

This is prob in the wrong forum, but, what alternatives are there to Sky. Are there any other providers??

Back