Dreambox 500 remote problem

mac's TV

Inactive User
Reaction score
Cannot access tuxbox command through remote any more to change the keys, having changed the keys on my fathers I noticed that there is a lock RC option below Start camdg when you press the blue button, I think I may have done this in error and cannot now access the menu, does anyone know how to unlock the remote as it seems to have locked something inside the dreambox. Failing this can I plug the box into the PC to access the menu? and if so how do I go about it?

All help appreciated

If u think that u locked ur remote inside image u can access ur dreambox via pc. To do so either connect ur dm500 via router with ethernet cable or directly to pc using crossover cable. Once connected open Internet explorer and type in ur dreambox ip in address bar. On entrance u`ll be asked for username (root) and password ( dreambox). Then u will see control button which opens sub menu and on bottom of that is displayed remote control button.this opens new window with remote control image in it where u can use any possible button and therefore access any menu and command on ur dreambox.

Hope this helps:)

Thanks for the reply, I will get a cable to access the box from PC, can you confirm where I get the dreambox IP to enter in address bar from, is it on the box or do I need to access a menu before connecting to the PC?

Many thanks in helping with this

Back