Dramup not talking to my dreambox!!?

your commport settings in device manager might need looking at.try editting them to 115200, 8 data bits, No parity, 1 stop bit & no flow control.
and as jonmm said is it a null modem cable?

ebay or your local pc shop or pc repair man might have one.good luck with it m8.

ok will buy the correct one tomorrow and see how it goes in the evening...

thanks guys

or, like someone pointed out to me, try using the 'erase.img' in the downloads section to completely flashout the drmbx; then re-flash it using the null modemc able/via dreamup....it could help.

Hi guys, GOOD NEWS..

I bought the CORRECT cable and flashed the box with dreamup!

I flashed the DW image and now will scan for channels and sort out the bouquets and services (whatever they are)....

well done rachit :)
see it works when you have the right tools lol

Great stuff, I was worried about posting about if you had the correct cable for fear of causing offence, glad I did now.

yep i think we all had that prob at one stage.lotts more to learn here. good luck m8.

hehee yeah thanks guys, you all are so sympathetic toward the newbies...and I'm total noob @ DMs.

I'l post back after i've done a scan...

thanks again geniuses :)

hehee yeah thanks guys, you all are so sympathetic toward the newbies...and I'm total noob @ DMs.

I'l post back after i've done a scan...

thanks again geniuses :)

You might be a newbie with DMs but you must have skills else where with your post count, or your just a newbie everywhere like me :banana:

Hello rachit...

Please can you tell me where you bought the null modem cable from and for how mucH?

thanks

Can someone please advise if a null modem cable can be male - female?

Does it have to be female - female? I think the port on my pc is female but the one on the dreambox is male. Your comments will be appreciated?

Can someone please advise if a null modem cable can be male - female?

Does it have to be female - female? I think the port on my pc is female but the one on the dreambox is male. Your comments will be appreciated?

Serial port on a PC is defiantly male, so a female to female cable required.

A VGA port on a PC looks simular and is female.

Hope that helps

It was 9.99 from maplins. make sure it says null modem on the package as they look identicle with the streight one.

Also, you'l need female to female.

what pc and os

had a problem like this, do not use a laptop and for some reason Vista is a problem with dreamup.

changed my system to xp and used v1.2.2.0, worked for me.

Good luck

had a problem like this, do not use a laptop and for some reason Vista is a problem with dreamup.

Good luck

I use my laptop for all flashes / updates, but it is XP and does have serial, RJ45, and USB ports.

Its about 6 years old and out of the 4 PCs I have at home its the one that I use the most, in fact typing this message on it:proud:

Basically no reason why a laptop cannot be used for flashing (they are prob the best because you can place them where you need them) but they have to have the right ports and you need to be able to recconise them

Good luck

im using vista m8 never had a problem using dreamup with it

The cheapest place to pick get a null cable is ebay - if you can wait for delivery, should be 2-3 quid.

Use these search terms DB9 Female DB9F 9 pin RS232 Serial Null Modem Cable

Quality of cable is obviously less than the maplin one.

Back