dpf regeneration

what the dealers don't tell you, when you buy

you must have at least 1/4 tank of fuel....

the engine must be upto temperature.....

the engine rpm while driving must be around 2800rpm....

there must be flow through the exhaust....

no stored faults.....

or it will not regen....

and it will regen, whenever it detects it needs doing....

hope this helps

blue

im gonna keep my car till summer ,
what the dealers don't tell you, when you buy

you must have at least 1/4 tank of fuel....

the engine must be upto temperature.....

the engine rpm while driving must be around 2800rpm....

there must be flow through the exhaust....

no stored faults.....

or it will not regen....

and it will regen, whenever it detects it needs doing....

hope this helps

blue
2800 revs..you be driving around 80 to 90 mph lol..unless you keep the car in lower gears..probably get done for speeding

Johnny is it a vag group motor?
if so buy your self a cheap elm 327 dongle, plug it into your car , connect to your android phone and install VAG DPF below, tells you all you need to know,
Hi bud is that full version if vag dpf? I had ro buy it off playstore

im gonna keep my car till summer ,

2800 revs..you be driving around 80 to 90 mph lol..unless you keep the car in lower gears..probably get done for speeding

LOL just keep it in 3rd gear to get the revs up and avoid speeding

Well I got this today , this is not the one I purchased on eBay? I ordered the Wi-Fi version . This one has a usb lead ,which I'm.assuming u plug into a laptop..or am I wrong..lol124557

Seller not replying to my emails.. give him a few days before I open a eBay case..why send the wrong one in the first place..

well seller refunded me half my money..now ive bought another one the wifi version. So if anyone wants the usb version of this elm327 pm me..no good to me really, as my laptop doesntveven have a CD drive..lol

Update.. got new adaptor..got up this morning, got in car drove 3 miles to work, plugged in the adaptor.. this is what I got..see pic.

so that tells you that it done a regen 21 mins ago and 7 miles ago. its on 39% which is quite high mines gtes down to around 21% after a regen. Once it reaches 100% it will do another regen. If the adapter is plugged in and the appopen when it does it. you can watch it burning all the soot off via the apk

Does Regen.% ever get down to 0%?..mine was one 92% last , so after work I drove on the motorway for about 17 miles , bought it down to 21%...I'm assuming if I drove further probably would have bought it down even further...I'm thinking of getting a 1.4 tsi..what u guys think?..any advice would be appreciated..call me paranoid but I'm not liking this Regen thing..even though the car looks and drives spot on..ta124901

1.4 tsi omg engine with timing chain issues can break at 40k miles,a mate had one fully serviced in vw and it broke 4 years and vw said not covered,he took them to court and won and got a new engine fitted and guess what happened at 81k :eek::eek::mad::mad: broke again.
We had a tdi golf in for service and oil all over rocker cover as it seems new rocker cover is needed,+ timing belt+ pads and discs all round and a tyre and not much change from e1300 .Forgot to ask why he had a bottle of 15 w 40 401 spec in boot.

Vws bmws and mercs are nice cars to drive but prefare to drive cars built to last,and at the moment will be taking my 1989 car out for a drive fully taxed insured and nct for 2 years classic!

You need to do a motorway run once a week for at least 10 miles in 4th gear at 70 mph. If it's a six speed, use fifth. Your revs need to sit at about 3000 rpm. If you sense a burning smell, this is normal as the regeneration process is under way. hope this helps.

Back