• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

downloads

Taff

Inactive User
With the removal of sky one from Virgin I think it is time i learned how to use torrent or what ever everyone else is using..

basically I need my weekly fix of lost, last weeks and tonights are the only ones I am missing....

can anyone shed any light on how this system works ?

regards

Taff

Falkirk_Bairn

Inactive User
Reccomend Newsgroups.

I pay £10/month for unlimited downloads from Newsdemon.com. Just sign up and they provide a program to download the .nzb files (NewsRover).

Once you sign up with that you can use sites like gotnzb.com to find newsgroup files to download using NewsRover. I get apeeds of around 500kb/sec on a 4mb connection.

Or if you want free downloads via torrents download a torrent client, I use UTorrent but theres loads.

Then go to a torrent site(Torrentspy.com is good) and search for files to download through your client, Simple!

MH

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
newsgroups are better:)

I use them, torrents are a last resort:)

Mick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
yeah i should of given newsgroups a chance ages ago when highlander was telling me about them :(

speeds of newsgroups piss all over torrents, saying that torrents are alright if you can wait a day or two for a dvd film but you can get a film in about 1-2 hours on a newsgroup

Regards
Mickie D

Moriens

DW Member +
Plus there is no seeding back on newsgroups...
You have hit the nail on the head there m80 :)

Unlike some ^^^^^^^ lol couldn't resist ;) I listened to Highlander and never looked back, although some private torrent sites come close speedwise, cheers red' ;)

deedie

VIP Member
VIP Member
yes try newsgroups. they seem a little complicated at first but it becomes very easy after you have done it a few times.

here is a guide on them. tells you everything you need to know.

http://www.slyck.com/ng.php

zerofool2005

Chilld/Teenage Member
I love torrents lol but i might start getting into newsgroups. I wnat to get access to a darknet :(

use utorrent for torrents :p

biffo1

Staff member
Premium Member
i use newsbin pro to download on the news groups but grab it is also good

fes_786

VIP Member
VIP Member
yeah i should of given newsgroups a chance ages ago when highlander was telling me about them :(

speeds of newsgroups piss all over torrents, saying that torrents are alright if you can wait a day or two for a dvd film but you can get a film in about 1-2 hours on a newsgroup

Regards
Mickie D
for a dvd film!! i get my films within 10 - 20 mins while downloading a xbox360 game..........lol

got to say newsgroups rock!