[DOWNLOAD] VU+ Solo2 Clone FPGA Update

In addition to what Ferret has mentioned, I would like to add that a replacement nand flash chip is only a few pound from usual chinese websites. Then, just need to find someone to replace nand flash chip.

In addition to what Ferret has mentioned, I would like to add that a replacement nand flash chip is only a few pound from usual chinese websites. Then, just need to find someone to replace nand flash chip.

And where you could buy the nand flash chip?

The box has the symptoms of the driver timebomb, this wipes areas on the nand flash and the best method of recover is to replace the nand flash, you wont be able to do anything by USB in the state the usb is inactive.. The other method is to jtag but not every one that has tried this is success full.
Hi Ferret
thanks for your reply,
I had posted in another thread about this issue, this chap seemed to be having the same symptom's as my mates box, he has posted a bootloader file thread is here https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/vu-solo2-receivers-633/427248-bootloader-file-fixed-my.html
is this worth trying first mate? if so how would I load it?
once again thanks for taking the time to help me
regards
foz

Hi Ferret
thanks for your reply,
I had posted in another thread about this issue, this chap seemed to be having the same symptom's as my mates box, he has posted a bootloader file thread is here https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/vu-solo2-receivers-633/427248-bootloader-file-fixed-my.html
is this worth trying first mate? if so how would I load it?
once again thanks for taking the time to help me
regards
foz

Ive no idea how he used the dat file mate most bootloader are bin file in format and much larger in size than that.

Can not be done by usb your usb slot will be dead. So he maybe used jtag or external programmer but he does not say.

I have hw error in my vu+solo2 lorinsun with v4 version. Can i applied this methode with my box mate?

Yesterday I upgraded my vu+ solo2 to a version of OpenSpa 7.0 and it stopped working. After restarting I get a "HW Error".
The device is original and I had never given this problem.
It only works with BH2.0.7.
Did anyone get it back?

Yesterday I upgraded my vu+ solo2 to a version of OpenSpa 7.0 and it stopped working. After restarting I get a "HW Error".
The device is original and I had never given this problem.
It only works with BH2.0.7.
Did anyone get it back?
If it works with BH2.0.7 then you most likely need to update your FPGA, im not sure one exists for a original box.

Im thinking you have a clone.

Last edited:
Back