[DOWNLOAD] SKY.NEW Skin V2.5 Updated

@bobby123 tried this last night m8 after install there was nothing on box at all I even check out via ftp but nothing

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm running pli 4 rats solo2 backup

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi I installed this skin but the receiver entered a boot loop.

I read somewhere that this skin doesn't support clone dm800se, is this correct?

Thanks in advance

Hi I installed this skin but the receiver entered a boot loop.

I read somewhere that this skin doesn't support clone dm800se, is this correct?

Thanks in advance
It might be you missing the font file or it has been installed in the wrong folder. Find skymedium.tff and send it to the fonts folder of your box. It should work..

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

It might be you missing the font file or it has been installed in the wrong folder. Find skymedium.tff and send it to the fonts folder of your box. It should work..

Thanks for the reply chabs. I'll give it a shot tomorrow when the kids are at school.

I did read on another forum that I needed a different sky skin.. Frankenstein or something? I want your skin though chabs it seems to be the one everyone wants :)

I'll let you know what happens, thanks again for the advice. Fingers crossed it works!!

Hi Chabs,

Ive copied over the ipk and tenet the box with the correct commands. This was sucessful.

However, ive gone through all the folders and done a search and it seems the skymedium file you mentioned is indeed missing.

How do I go about obtaining this file for installation.

Thanks in advance

You nid to extract the ipk file and try find it in user/share/fonts folder and then just ftp the file in the font folder of your image and just reboot. It should work. If you cant find it, i will try upload it here 4 u.

Thanks for the speedy reply. I've been trying to find a way I can extratc because I kinow the file has to be in there somewhere lol but I cant find an extractor. Do you have any software recomendations. Does 7zip work? ive tried winrar already. Cheers

Hi Chabs, Ive extracted the ipk with 7zip and I can safely say that there is no skymedium.ttf in there NOR a fonts folder.

Ive downloaded version 2.3 and voila it's in there..

Is the file supposed to be in the 2.5 ipk?

Ok.. the skymedium.ttf file has been ftp'd over to the box.. selected the skin and restarted the GUI.. I can confirm that my box is still doing some sort of bootloop. It's not rebooting from the very start but its seems to be just the enigma bit.

Just to clarify - I have a DM800HD SE "CLONE" running Rats DW backup from July based on open pli 4.. should this skin work for me?

Cheers

Sorry to keep making posts but I have an update.

I've managed to install V2.3 its working absolutely fine and I must say looks very fresh ;-)

However, like most people I like the most up to date versions of things. What can I try next to get 2.5 installed?

I'm using the skymedium.ttf file from version 2.3, is it different to the skymedium.ttf file in version 2.5 is this why it won't boot? If this is the case then would you be able to upload the correct ttf file for me to use the 2.5 skin? Thank you

EDIT:: IVE SORTED IT. God knows what changed. I just deleted 2.3 then tried 2.5 again and its working.

What a great theme, very very impressed. Keep up the great work!!

Thank you very much Chabs your help has been much appreciated

Last edited:
Any chance someone could upload the skymedium.ttf file? I've looked in the 2.3 and the 2.5 version on here but it's not in there, might be the reason folks are having probs on the dm800se boxes.

Hi Chabs, Ive extracted the ipk with 7zip and I can safely say that there is no skymedium.ttf in there NOR a fonts folder.

Ive downloaded version 2.3 and voila it's in there..

Is the file supposed to be in the 2.5 ipk?

Sorry to keep making posts but I have an update.

I've managed to install V2.3 its working absolutely fine and I must say looks very fresh ;-)

However, like most people I like the most up to date versions of things. What can I try next to get 2.5 installed?

I'm using the skymedium.ttf file from version 2.3, is it different to the skymedium.ttf file in version 2.5 is this why it won't boot? If this is the case then would you be able to upload the correct ttf file for me to use the 2.5 skin? Thank you

EDIT:: IVE SORTED IT. God knows what changed. I just deleted 2.3 then tried 2.5 again and its working.

What a great theme, very very impressed. Keep up the great work!!

Thank you very much Chabs your help has been much appreciated
The font file of 2.3 and 2.5 is the same. Glad u sorted it out. I will upload a v2.6 very soon with a new ipk file with all the components and font file included. Enjoy the skin...

Any chance someone could upload the skymedium.ttf file? I've looked in the 2.3 and the 2.5 version on here but it's not in there, might be the reason folks are having probs on the dm800se boxes.
I will try upload the file when i get back home.

Can anyone upload this missing file?

skymedium.tff file for the Sky Skin

Make sure this goes to /usr/share/fonts folder of your receiver

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Sorry for the delays guys...

:)

@Chabs,

I've looked at the ipk for this and that font is actually there. I did, however, notice that "usr" is missing from the extraction path which effectively means font could be installed in wrong location.

If it's okay with you, do you mind if I can see if I can sort this and release it as a modded version of your ipk? Naturally, all (copy)rights remain yours.

@Chabs,

I've looked at the ipk for this and that font is actually there. I did, however, notice that "usr" is missing from the extraction path which effectively means font could be installed in wrong location.

If it's okay with you, do you mind if I can see if I can sort this and release it as a modded version of your ipk? Naturally, all (copy)rights remain yours.
Yes mate. You can go ahead. Am working on V2.6 at the moment and I was going to make a new ipk for it with all the components and control file. But you can go ahead and sort it out it will make it easier for those who want to use the v2.5.

Thanks mate

Great work guys...
@Chabs, I put your Dropbox link in code tags so non members don't hammer your Dropbox

Last edited:
Back