[DOWNLOAD] Service Named Picons

Abu Baniaz

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Downloads: A new file has been added by Abu Baniaz:

Service Named Picons

As people are aware, keeping up with service refernce changes and renaming picons has been a long standing menial task

From Apollo 77 and PLI images after 08/11/2014 the picon code has been adapted to do away with the dependence on service reference. Picons will now be displayed based on the channel name subject to the naming parameters listed further down. This will mean the picon makers can now concentrate on making picons and not have tp bother about keeping up with service reference changes.

The Service Named Picons (SNPs) are lower in the selection list than the conventional Service Reference Picons (SRPs). This is useful were a channel has the same name on different satellites and you wish to use a different picon for some of them. Nothing has changed with regards to picon locations.

# picon by channel name
name = unicodedata.normalize('NFKD', unicode(name, 'utf_8')).encode('ASCII', 'ignore')
excludeChars = ['/', '\\', '\'', '"', '`', '?', ' ', '(', ')', ':', '<', '>', '|', '.', '\n']
name = name.replace('&', 'and')
name = name.replace('+', 'plus')
name = name.replace('*', 'star')
name = name.lower()

Hypothetical channel "DDC One London +1" will require a picon called "ddconelondonplus1.png"

I am attaching the modified picon code for PLI images for people who are happy with their image and just want to add this feature. File goes in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/Renderer/ and must have 644 properties

Last edited by a moderator:
How do I use this?
I want to add this Service Name Picon code to a box that has openVix Helios

It's ok, after researching for a while I figured out what 644 chmod and stuff means and how to do it.
Right-click the file in an FTP program, choose permissions (or chmod or attributes or properties).

>>> CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD Service Named Picons <<<

I have edited teh initial post to reflect teh chaneg in coding

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Could someone upload latest version of renderer from a PLI image. Ta.

Can I copy the Picon.pyo file from any digibox that has the latest openvix hades for example, and copy it to a box with an older image, and that works?
Or do I have to use the one you uploaded?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's ok, after researching for a while I figured out what 644 chmod and stuff means and how to do it.

Can I copy the Picon.pyo file from any digibox that has the latest openvix hades for example, and copy it to a box with an older image, and that works?
Or do I have to use the one you uploaded?

Yes, transplanting works.

Back