download section closed

sabb

Member ++
Reaction score
hi, can anybody tell me that download section are close like cable or will be to coming back?i need tom tom voice file and speedo file.

hi, can anybody tell me that download section are close like cable or will be to coming back?i need tom tom voice file and speedo file.

I think its mainly down because of the cable. The modshack court case has implied that the guides for cable hacking are illegal. Admin and mods are having to go through to make sure that the information contained is 'in the public domain' or GNU licence and therefore covered by the provided for educational purposes disclaimer.

But also as noone has gone through the downloads section for a while, and there may be copyrighted material in there, the whole section is down...

I think v*rgin media are coming down hard... from what I hear they are trying to sell the company to a big american company. this will be good cos we will get sky1 back.:proud:

sky 1 lol, all that has is the simpsons, you can find most of their stuff at the usual places anyway

I think its mainly down because of the cable. The modshack court case has implied that the guides for cable hacking are illegal. Admin and mods are having to go through to make sure that the information contained is 'in the public domain' or GNU licence and therefore covered by the provided for educational purposes disclaimer.

But also as noone has gone through the downloads section for a while, and there may be copyrighted material in there, the whole section is down...

i've read this case and it seems these guys got done because of the payments they received in donations..
Could bite hard on all the forums out there who charge or accept donations for download sections...

yes you do if low post count...!!! and for the special members only stuff

some sign up and donate just to download...

i beg your pardon no you dont !!!

there are loads of special members who dont donate the donation goes towords the running of the server

so please get your facts correct

I had to donate 2 weeks ago when i wanted to download from cable downloads...

Or are you referring to a different download section??

No m8 you never had to donate you choose to rather than make 20 posts

is that true?

I couldnt post at all before i donated honestly. So i made the donation i could then post new threads, reply and use the download section etc etc....

Lol, I donate and I don't have cable or satellite! :Laugh:

There are some seriously mixed-up notions about donations in this thread. :silly:

is that true?

I couldnt post at all before i donated honestly. So i made the donation i could then post new threads, reply and use the download section etc etc....

I think you were trying to post in the wrong places by the sound of it.

what ever m8!

i know nothing..................

thats clearly displayed in this thread, no need to tell us..!

Donations are to contribute towards server costs ONLY, but as I see it... As a thank you, you can access the WHOLE site without making the 20 useful posts....
I have not donated but can access everything I needed to, Once I had made my post count.

is that true?

Maybe you was trying to post in restriced forums, that need a minimum post count ? Simlar to the 20 post rule before you can download.

I remember when I was new I could only post in certain areas of the forum.

Hope this helps.

:Cheers:

rs2ooo16valve, i think you're right, that's what i did..

But it's only £17, not a big deal for the amount of info that was available.

Is the cable section gone for good? or will it come back eventually?

Beany

When i first joined here, i was only using the site for a few files and a bit of help , then was gonna leave it at that, so i didnt bother Donating.

A few months went by, i was still here so thought it was a good thing to Donate to help keep the forum going.

There is loads more here than Cable or Downloads.

For one i have met some brilliant guys on here and remain very friendly on and off here now , all through this forum.

Ok i understand that the downloads are closed because of cable but is it possiblt to open the downloads section up with only the cable downloads closed but the rest of the downloads (psp downloads etc) still open?

Back