[DOWNLOAD] Rat's DW Picons 28.2E Updated

Hi folks

I've tried reading through most of this thread but I can't find answer. Can you install and use the picon updater plugin on any image or does it have to be a particular image?

Thanks.

Should work on any Enigma2 image mate

Should work on any Enigma2 image mate

Thanks for the confirmation. One thing I have managed to deduce for myself is that you cannot confirm that picons will update when using another auto bouquets maker (such as Lraizers AB 28.2). So that leads me on to my next question.

I've only ever used Lraizers AB 28.2, is there any benefit of using your bouquets over Lraizers AB 28.2? Sorry I hope this question doesn't come across rude at all, it's just that I've only recently gotten the hang of using Lraizers AB 28.2 but am missing several picons (such as premier and arts).

Thanks.

Picons and channel lists are two different things.

A channel has a service reference. If there is a picon with the same name as the channel's reference, the picon will be displayed. It does not matter what bouquet set you are using, if you have manually scanned used ABM or AB 28.2.

Having said that, AB 28.2 has the facility to keep the picons up to date with the changes. It does not download picons.

I'm aware that channel lists and Picons are different things, thankfully my knowledge has at least reached that level!. My question actually was using Rat's bouquets vs Lraizers - what's the difference?

From how I gather it Rats bouquets don't use Sky numbering.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Correct my bouquets are not the same a sky numbering

My bouquets are in (what I think) a more logical set up as in +1 channels are after the normal channel in most cases

Best way really is to transfer it and see if you like it there is also a plugin to download the couquets direct to receiver when I update too

if not you can always go back to Lraizers AutoBouquets :)

Thanks all for your input. Will give it a bash.
One last questions, I'm trying to find Rat's latest Picons (no the picon updater). The newest download I can see for Rat's picons dated 2013 - that can't be right can it, surely there is a newer version?

Check out my signature
everything I do is there :)

That's what I've done but when I clock on "Full 28.2 Updated Picons 19/07/15" it then comes back to an earlier post in this same thread. Then I click on "Rat's DW Picons 28.2E Updated" which takes to a page where you can download the picons, but that's dated "Uploaded by Rat - 22nd September 2013"
Isn't there a newer version?

- - - Updated - - -

Ok ignore me I'm a total tool. I've downloaded that file from 2013 and the RAR file within is dated 19th July 2015 so it must be the one.

Last edited by a moderator:
is the picon updater also working now

hi how do i put this in to my plugins on a technomate thanks for any info (i am new to all this) any info would be appreciated i have open pli on the box

Last edited by a moderator:
FTP the IPK to tmp folder then install via software manager via receiver menu

:)

sorry to sound like a idiot but what does (FTP the IPK to tmp folder)mean like ive said i am new to all this thanks in advance

You really need to Google this then. Ftp is file transfer protocol ipk is the image file with the Plugin

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

thanks for info i was hoping for a step by step guide as i have not done anything before i have been downloading the rats bouquets and sending them with dreambox edit i used to have the auto updater on but it stopped working

this maybee looks a bit advanced for me thanks for your time anyway

I just linked you to a small tutorial mate :)

if you search you may come up with your answers :) if not by all means ask but this thread is for picons not really general linux help :)

Back