Download Problem

liambalfour

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys just got a new laptop with Vista home and I have been trying to do a bit of downloading on it. I installed Bitlord for torrents and Ares for individual songs as I have on my pc, the problem is I cant get anything to download. With bitlord it connects but never starts even though there are seeds and with Ares it just says connecting but never does. Any ideas on how to fix this? Do I need to tweak my firewall?

Hi guys just got a new laptop with Vista home and I have been trying to do a bit of downloading on it. I installed Bitlord for torrents and Ares for individual songs as I have on my pc, the problem is I cant get anything to download. With bitlord it connects but never starts even though there are seeds and with Ares it just says connecting but never does. Any ideas on how to fix this? Do I need to tweak my firewall?

yes m8 it will be down to your firewall.
allow the P2P software access through your firewall and if you have a router you will have to forward the P2P port on the router aswell.

i had this prob. and switched to azueres

i agree with you john azureus is the dogs balls if you download a fair few torrents Azureus is the way to go.

link:hxxp://azureus.sourceforge.net/

replace the xx with tt.

P.S Azureus has some dam good plugins available aswell, while azureus is running click help scroll down to install plugins.

Last edited:
Back