[DOWNLOAD] OpenVix 3.2 037 Backup with Kodi 15.2

ketmp

Satellite Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Downloads: A new file has been added by ketmp:

OpenVix 3.2 037 with Kodi 15.2

(for Sunray Solo2 or Original VU+ Solo2)

Source Date: 22/02/16
Kernel: 3.13.5
Drivers: 01/12/15 (patched)

INSTALLED:
Kodi 15.2
AutoBouquetMaker
DW Panel with Rat's Bouquets (now with regional channel support)
Blue-HD Skin (Sky looking skin)
Red-HD Skin (Virgin looking skin)
MgCamD softcam (with mg_cfg configuration file)
Modded EPG (more customisable EPG - see below for details)

HOW TO DISPLAY CHANNEL NUMBERS WITHIN EPG:
  1. Menu > Setup > System > EPG > Graphical EPG settings
  2. Under "Service Title Mode", choose an option that includes channel number
  3. Under "Use Channel Numbers from First Bouquet", select the main bouquet (normally "All Channels")

HOW TO CHANGE COLOURED BUTTON OPTIONS WITHIN EPG:

1. Menu > Setup > System > EPG > Graphical EPG settings
  2. Select coloured button you wish to change (ie "Red button") and choose, from available options, what you wish the button to do.

HOW IT WILL LOOK:

Below are some screenshots of how the setup should look depending on whether Blue-HD or Red-HD skin has been installed from within the image plugin feeds:-

xz4kvPz.jpg

nlkXC06.jpg

n0c81UA.jpg

9ueQYcq.jpg

eBMsVdv.jpg

3yfE9uy.jpg

BOOTLOGO:

To Change the Bootlogo to either Sky bootlogo or Virgin Bootlogo then extract the .mvi files from the relevant file below and FTP to "/usr/share/":-

View attachment sky_bootlogo.rar or View attachment virgin_bootlogo.rar

Thanks goes to Rossi, Matt, DarkDreamingDan, bbbuk and anyone else for their design/input/modifications/improvements

>>> CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD OpenVix 3.2 037 Backup with Kodi 15.2 <<<

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome - as usual :)

For the next build, is it possible to include Kodi 16 (Jarvis) ?

thanks just had chance of one is there any other sat box that can run kodi

It's only for boxes where the box supports gles graphic routines within their drivers and image.

I'm only aware of Vu+ Duo2, Solo2 (inc Sunray Solo2 clone) and Solo SE that support this. There maybe other boxes but I'm not aware of any.

If box doesn't support it then its either due to hardware limitation and/or lack of support from box manufacturer.

how do you install this I have tried from image manager but it fails to install if it is from a usb there is no folder called vu

format usb stick in FAT32 format.

Extract contents of ZIP file to the newly formatted USB stick, root directory should contain the VU folder only - the remaining files/folders are located inside the VU folder.

Before powering up the VU Solo 2 Sunray clone, insert usb stick into front USB port.

Power up sat box, if the sat box reads the USB stick ok, the screen at the front of the sat box should prompt you to press the power button (located on the front of the sat box), do so - and then sit back and relax.

Upgrade process should take 2-3 minutes only.

format usb stick in FAT32 format.

Extract contents of ZIP file to the newly formatted USB stick, root directory should contain the VU folder only - the remaining files/folders are located inside the VU folder.

Before powering up the VU Solo 2 Sunray clone, insert usb stick into front USB port.

Power up sat box, if the sat box reads the USB stick ok, the screen at the front of the sat box should prompt you to press the power button (located on the front of the sat box), do so - and then sit back and relax.

Upgrade process should take 2-3 minutes only.
There is no vu folder in the zip

Sent from my Blade S6 using Tapatalk

apologies, just checked, the folder is : vuplus, which has a sub-folder called solo2

In the solo 2 folder is 5 files.

Copy the vuplus folder on a fat32 formatted usb stick, and then as per my instructions above.

If you don't see this file structure, re-download the file and try again.

How you download Kodi plug in for Vu+ Solo2???

Cheers

so I can't get kodi using openvix on my box?

Box = Vu Solo 2. Mate configured it on Thursday

Last edited by a moderator:
It's taken from another image. I see on vix forum they are looking into supporting kodi themselves.

Kodi within an image is only possible on a small number of boxes. What box do you have?

Cheers

Using Vix there is a XMBC plugin(pre kodi)available from plugins menu in most vu images..I have it installed on both vu solo se and zero running Ray's lighter build.

apologies, just checked, the folder is : vuplus, which has a sub-folder called solo2

In the solo 2 folder is 5 files.

Copy the vuplus folder on a fat32 formatted usb stick, and then as per my instructions above.

If you don't see this file structure, re-download the file and try again.
In this download the folders you mentioned are not there . Normal image files are in those folders but not this one

Cheers

so I can't get kodi using openvix on my box?

Box = Vu Solo 2. Mate configured it on Thursday

If your box is a GENUINE vu solo2 or SUNRAY clone vu solo2 then you can use this image..if your vu solo2 is any other clone then it's no go.
Just read the O.P (for Sunray Solo2 or Original VU+ Solo2)

ive only just registered so cant get the download aaarrrgggh :(

- - - Updated - - -

it's genuine, but cant download as ive only just registered :(

In this download the folders you mentioned are not there . Normal image files are in those folders but not this one
I've just downloaded the zip file in the OP and within it is a folder called "vuplus" and then within that folder is another one called "solo2" then you have 5 files within that folder. I can't see anything wrong with this upload as others would have commented now as it's been downloaded over 20 times.

Just download the zip file drag/drop the "vuplus" folder to usb flash stick then on the usb stick you should just see "vuplus" folder and within that "solo2" folder and then 5 files within solo2 folder.

I've just downloaded the zip file in the OP and within it is a folder called "vuplus" and then within that folder is another one called "solo2" then you have 5 files within that folder. I can't see anything wrong with this upload as others would have commented now as it's been downloaded over 20 times.

Just download the zip file drag/drop the "vuplus" folder to usb flash stick then on the usb stick you should just see "vuplus" folder and within that "solo2" folder and then 5 files within solo2 folder.
OK my download was corrupt

Back