[DOWNLOAD] How to update drivers & apply driver protection

I don't use multiboot so can't comment on that.

However, the script write-protects (known as immutable) most of the drivers only (specifically ending in .ko). Maybe because the drivers are write-protected causes the deleting of image an issue within multiboot?

Before deleting image within multiboot, you could try changing to location of where drivers are and using the following command:
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.
Is there anyway to delete these write -protect drivers ( or over-write them again with non write- protect patched drivers) ?

Don't believe so without using that command I mentioned. It's there as an extra precaution to prevent drivers being easily replaced.

If the write-protection is causing issues then remove the line:
Code:
from the "sunraydrivers.sh" script.

This will prevent the drivers being write-protected to start with.

I don't use multiboot so can't comment on that.

However, the script write-protects (known as immutable) most of the drivers only (specifically ending in .ko). Maybe because the drivers are write-protected causes the deleting of image an issue within multiboot?

Before deleting image within multiboot, you could try changing to location of where drivers are and using the following command:
Code:

can you explain how this command is to be used ?

I get error when I telnet it.

root@vusolo2:~# chattr -i *.ko

chattr: stat *.ko: No such file or directory
root@vusolo2:~#

because these drivers are write protected, the image can not be fully deleted, and it would still appear on multiboot screen , albeit only the drivers are still undeleted!! That's why i want to ask you if we can undo the write protect on these drivers?

As I mentioned you need to change location to where drivers are (this path changes depending on version of kernel installed and not sure if this changes if using multiboot). For a Solo2 on current kernel the following command should change location to where drivers are and remove write protect:
Code:

As I mentioned you need to change location to where drivers are (this path changes depending on version of kernel installed and not sure if this changes if using multiboot). For a Solo2 on current kernel the following command should change location to where drivers are and remove write protect:
Code:
Great. Thanks, it worked.. The drivers were eventually deleted.

Back