[DOWNLOAD] Audi Chip Tuning Files 2 - OBDII

The problem is I'm probably the only person on this forum who can actually read and write ecu's

you are probably right mate, so I am glad you are taking an interest :)

But if there was plenty then it could be plausible ;), and you the Chip reader/writer would make quite allot more cash or even heaven forbid give your clients a better deal... which would mean more clients of course ;)

But seriously it was just fun debate lol...

But I am finding it fascinating!

Still a good idea because at the end of it u will have a massive database of original Ecu files and good remapped 1s

So nice concept

Still a good idea because at the end of it u will have a massive database of original Ecu files and good remapped 1s

So nice concept

So what we need now is a tutorial on reading, saving and reloading maps ;)

More like a credit check to see if u can afford the equipment to enable u to do this

@fes_786 Would it be like 5K straight up, or could you say learn to do an Audi A4 for example with the equipment for that?

Mick

Last edited:
With that equipment u can do pretty much any car till 2008/58 after that they went to anti tuning protection edc17tricore Ecu that are a lot harder to do

I only deal with diesel cars as that were u see the best bhp and economy gains

So the expensive stuff is for the 58+ plates, but anything before that you can get cheaper lol.

Sorry @fes_786 its very interesting and it seems like a ton of information to understand.

Mick

Last edited:
The equipment for pre 58reg still 4/5k

After 58reg equipment about 2k more expensive but alot higher risk as Ecu has to be opened and effectively hacked so anti tuning protection is disabled so u can read and write Ecu

But 1 little mistake or miss hap = £2k + worth of repair costs at a dealership

I for 1 don't bother with tricore Ecu as the equipment is pretty new and there are bugs and manufacturers are always trying new things to block us out

If u f*ckup a pre 58reg Ecu u have a 98% chance of either fixing it or effectively cloning damaged Ecu into a secondhand Ecu which is a lot cheaper than a f*ckedup tricore Ecu

I have killed Ecu before and most cases all I had to do was flash a good original file with same software number and part number then reconfigure to match car using dealer level tool

U can't do that with tricore Ecu as they have OTP areas in micro + flash were. They only programmed once and u can't write over them
So u mess up u need a brand new Ecu

here is a tuning guide that i got from a guy who modifys the files for me

he said he read it and understood it for basics and then trial and error with alot research to get to were he is now

im still trying to make heads or tails of it as its very complex and as i have my hands in loads of different pies not enough time

to do a good remap u have to do the following:

be good at maths to work out some formulas
understand how that particular ecu works
understand how that particular engine performs
understand how to find maps and modify
understand were to modify the maps
understand were to find necessary info from file to get axis data (2d/3d/table)
understand how each limiter in the file works and if its linked to anything else
understand what to log and look out for when testing a file
understand the physical limits of the mechanical hardware in that particular engine / car

plenty of time and patience

its 30% theory 70% trial and error

any 1 want to take the challenge???

enjoy

Attachments

• tuning guide.rar
    38.8 MB · Views: 12
Last edited by a moderator:
belive u me this is a lot harder that what it seems my brother does all this and his equipment is mad and so expensive lol

there are alot of sub dealers out there ! that can read and then add modfied maps and protocalls , but all the filles are modified by a select few companies ! and even fewer free lance gurus !it takes years of training and pratice to sucsefully modify a map file without actualy causing excessive stress on the engine components or by bricking ecu with damaged files

I do all this and I know how expensive the equipment is......lol

I agree 100% with FES_786. The chances of any random download file working are slim to none. The amount of maps and the complexity of tuning a specific file to work with a specific hardware set is daunting. Plus you wont know if the checksums were even corrected after someone fiddled with it and flashing such a file to your ECU will brick it right quick. I wouldnt touch this unless you know what you are doing, and if you do then you wont need ebay files...

Sorry to jump in here, but I don't think I'd be trusting my car to an unknown file :(

Hi, I do not know the maps! But walking there a few killers maps engines is true! Watch out

i have lots of maps but not for the a3 1.6 8v 105hp petrol engine, i know power increase can be at most 8-10 hp, but is there anyone that have this type of remapped ecu file?

meh, it's not rocket science.

I taught myself how to program motronic fron the ground up

made my own definintion files for the 3.0 AVK AND 4.2 BBK

and tuned them both from scratch for a result better than any tuner out there can claim

Back