download accelerators

Manse

Inactive User
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what the best one is, i always used internet download manager which maxed out my speed but it went on me today and even the newer version wont load because it detects the old version (and key)in the registry.
Just tried DAP but its slower then not using one.

I swear by IDM its the dogs bits, surely if the one I pmed you about dont work you could just use a registry cleaner to flush the old key out.

cheers robc11, great stuff that one worked m8.
Had tried cleaning out registry but the bleeder still found it,yours over written it ...rep added m8

No worries glad i could help mate i wasn't too sure if it would work but im glad it overwrote your old one, its the exact same version im using and its great.

Using IDM ive just downloaded a 6mb mp3 in about 3 seconds with the transfer rate hitting over 1.5mb/ses on my 20 meg connection so id say yes lol.
Ive just tested IDM with the XP SP3 ISo, which is 544mb and it downloaded in about 4 mins and at one point the transfer rate hit nearly 4mb/sec.
Just tried the same download with the built in Firefox Downloader and it was goimg to take 10 mins at 770kb/sec.
Using IE it was going to take about 11 mins at about 700kb/sec
So the results are conclusive i guess lol, use an accelerator when possible.

Last edited:
also on 20meg without IDM download speeds about 120ish through windows but with IDM its always about the 1.5mb/sec mark.
My only probs with it is trying to download anything off here is it downs a html file rather than the file itself.

Ahh you need to set a key to force downloading with IDM for site like this, basically when you want a download you need to press a key like CTRL when you click download or something like that.IDM should be automatically setup for this. To check open IDM and go to Download>Options>Keys (down near the bottom of options). Once in there it will say Use the following keys to prevent/force downloading with IDM. Force maybe set to CTRL and you can set Prevent to ALT or something. Then that way if you have trouble downloading from a site like DW (PHP Bulliten) just either try to force or prevent the downloads with IDM.

Can someone tell me if ill benifit form this with newzgroups.

could someone pm the carry on please.

do these actually work?

Internet Download Manager is a great piece of kit.

I use it predominately with Rapidshare.

The only thing is if you're max'ing out your bandwidth/system resources, then it leaves very little room for anything else.

It'll quite happily work it's way through a download queue overnight without any user intervention.

Can someone tell me if ill benifit form this with newzgroups.

could someone pm the carry on please.

If you are using one newsprovider, then no. If you are using more then one, then use a newsreader that supports more threads.

Back