[DOWNLOAD] 800hd cable backup

smirnoff_rules

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Downloads: A new file has been added by smirnoff_rules:

800hd cable backup

this has epg setup and auto bouquets , u will have to change netid to your area and run autobouquet plugin

l have added picon folder too, if you open with ftp you will see it called picon2 , u can rename to picon and reboot or move to media/usb and reboot

no adjusted needed if in birmingham only picon folder

Last edited by a moderator:
Downloads: A new file has been added by smirnoff_rules:

800hd cable backup

this has epg setup and auto bouquets , u will have to change netid to your area and run autobouquet plugin

l have added picon folder too, if you open with ftp you will see it called picon2 , u can rename to picon and reboot or move to media/usb and reboot

no adjusted needed if in birmingham only picon folder

is this image for an Original DM800HD?

Last edited by a moderator:
Normal process is to flash image without rebooting. Open new web window, flash bootloader to match sim (ie genuine one in your case). Then reboot.

Normal process is to flash image without rebooting. Open new web window, flash bootloader to match sim (ie genuine one in your case). Then reboot.

thanks for the heads up Abu :)

First of all, thanks for sharing your DM800 backup image. I am just transferring back to cable from satellite for predictable reasons.

I have a dm800 clone with a new Philips CU1216MK3 tuner and ssl84b. I have just swapped the ALPS satellite tuner for that Chinese cable tuner. It was working nicely on (mostly Standard Definition) satellite. Having changed the tuner, I thought I'd give your image a try. I have spent quite a few hours now trying several images and have the same problem with each one, including yours.....my inability to get mgcamd working.

I wondered if you might be able to help.....This is what I've done....

I flashed your image using browser method.
On your image I have rescanned using my own NetID (no problems: 500+ services).
I have checked that mgcamd is selected and started
I have left your mg_cfg unchanged
I have added a couple of lines (with notepad++) into your blank newcamd.list (this necamd.list works perfectly well on my old (standard Definition) DM500)
I have changed the file permissions on both files to 755
I have restarted mgcamd (and also tried separately restarting Engima2 and rebooting) my DM800.

.....But there is no magic!

Am I missing something? I can't go to Cccam and I'm reluctant to crawl up the steeper Oscam learning curve.....

Help Please or pm.

Thanks in advance

only use mgnamd and its fine ,, have you checked internet ip is ok not network ?

Thanks for suggestions.

DM800 has (internal) ip address adjacent to DM500 (192.168.1.9 and 192.168.1.8 respectively. They both work OK on home network (ie can SmartFTP the DM800) & Internet (confirmed by downloading Sherlock Plug-in)

I have both DM500 and DM800 fed from the same cable source. Because I have tried several images on the DM800, I have used a yellow box and an A-B switch to route cable signal alternately to the DM500 or the DM800. With this setup on the DM I am typically showing S/N= ~40 (or 100%); AGC=38% & BER= 0 (For reference only, the DM500 S/N is showing as ~17%....and works perfectly.....different animal). What S/N do I need on the DM800?

It is a clone though. Are you using clone or genuine?

I have SSL84B (according to the Dreambox front panel display when in Rescue/flash mode)

One thing that does strike me as odd is that when I try to tune to an HD channel, the info bar (and secondary info bar) shows a lower than HD resolution Eg 7xx X 5xx. This feels like it thinks it is SD rather than HD. Is there a driver update for the CU1216MK3 tuner? Is that the tuner you have?

I'm struggling to solve this and I have also spent much time reading this (and other) forums.....or should that be fora?

Yours hopefully

your not using my birmingham bouquets are u ? as there my frequency , as u have scanned have you looked for any new channels in red buttom all channels , all l know is the image is working on 2 of my boxes and a few friends ones too

might be an idea to remove my bouquets with dreamboxedit so its clean

Thanks again.

When I did my full scan, I did set it to "clear before scan" so I hope that all your channels have gone. I haven't got to the stage of wanting to organise the bouquets (based on Lraiser's EXCELLENT work) yet.

It just feels as though either mgcamd is not working or not set up....or there is a problem with the tuner. When I look at Softcams under TSPanel, it looks as though mgcamd isn't there??

I have read, here and elsewhere, how to set up mgcamd and I can't see anything wrong with what I've done wrong with mgcamd on other images....and can't see why it wouldn't work by just using your (already) working mgcamd. After all I have got mgcamd working perfectly on my DM500.

So it's not just that I can't get your image/mgcamd to work....I also didn't manage to get other images to clear.

As far as I can see, I need to find something odd with my hardware setup or something that still needs to be done with your image.

My thoughts/questions are now:
1. I assume that the only thing you did with your image before making the backup was to clear newcamd.list.

2. Did you do anything else to your image?

3. Does your image work on DM800 clone with SSL84b?

4. What tuner do your DM800s have? (Mine is Chinese-made Philiups CU1216MK3)?

5. Does this Philips tuner require a new driver?

6. What S/N do your DM800 have ? ...is it a signal quality issue...that the cable tuner in the DM800 is less (or even more) sensitive?

....Can't see any light at the end of the tunnel yet .......

Regards

One of the reasons I was so keen to use your backup image is that being it was for a DM800 (like mine), that mg_cfg shouldn't require any changes. On other images, I always had doubts about mg_cfg as well. Your image removes that variable (and there are several possible changes that could be made to mg_cfg).

I'm hoping that with your help I can narrow down the source of my problem (eg tuner driver, signal stength/quality, SSL etc).
Thanks

Last edited:
blue button,
softcam set up
select cam : mgcamd
restart cam

Hi everyone,

Just a quick update. All is now sorted...my SNAFU with Newcamd.list.

Most embarrassed!

Thanks for the help and suggestions.

Back