downgrading to 1.5v?

khan888

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have a psp 2.0v i was wondering could i damage my psp if i was downgrading it to 1.5v?

Last edited:
i have read if done correctly its is ok to do it but there is always a chance using non official sony programs will knak it up most people who have done this i have read about have managed to do it ok

Nobody knows the full affect of the downgrade , but to be honest changing the firmware flash memory shouldnt cause any problems whatsoever .

make sure u got the power adapter in the bugger,although for the games u can use properly on it i dont think its worth the risk ov bricking it

I have downgraded mine and re-upgraded back to 2.0 twice now with no ill affect. BUT you can make an expensive brick if you use the wrong downgrader. Some people are packaging a corrupt flash just to kill youPSP and are saying its the downgrader so make sure you get from a reliable source if you are going to try it.

Hi there guys.

With this being my first post on here i can understand that my post might well be viewed with a certain amount of scepticism.

ive been modding psp's since they first showed up on the scene earlier this year and the best one that ive found to upgrade and down grade are the Japanese units (there are the ones that are the 100X series).

ive used about 3 different methods to down grade the units but the best one that ive found is using the MPH files (http://www.hackmypsp.com/plugins/p13..._filei d=338).

if your psp is using 2.0 or lower firmware you shouldnt have much of a problem downgrading to 1.5 at witch point you should be able to run all the homebrews you like.

but guys, be careful before you do anything to your psp just make sure that you are aware that you could brick your psp if you use a file thats dodgy.

downgraded mine and a mates too no probs. back to 2.0 now tho for liberty city stories! so works alright but just make sure you get the files needed from a reliable source! do that and follow the instructions properly then you'll be fine.

Hi, downgrading is pretty much full proof if you follow the correct instructions exactly. These just so happen to be on my website under the tutorials section :)

http://www.pspowner.be

I've downgraded my machine and it worked and I reupgraded again and it was fine.

I would watch out what programs you use etc as there are a lot of sites claiming to have all the stuff but infact it stops your machine from upgrading so you can't play new games which require newer firmware version's and it's been labled "bricking" and I'm sure some programs just **** it up fullstop.

hell yea

yea u can brik it make it usless ive dune 1 and u got be shure u now what u dowing and u have the right files. but 1 dune it great all the home brew u gan get is great

Back