use at own risk

+------------------------------------+
| [+] Custom IOS downgrade v1.0 |
| Developed by Waninkoko |
| w*w.teknoconsolas.info |

[Disclaimer]:

-- THIS applications comes without any warranty, express or implied.
I have no responsibility for any harm IN debe a Wii console
USE A non-appropriation of this software.

[DESCRIPTION]:

-- It allows you to downgrade the firmware on your Wii
any version available.

[Requirement]:

-- Custom IOS37 rev 03 or higher.
-- Internet Connectivity.

[How to use it]:

-- Run the application and select the version of firmware to install.

[Kudo]:

-- Team Twiizers and devkitPRO devs for their great work in libogc.
-- All betatesters.
-- Nitrotux, for his IOS5.

not tested as i am on 3.2E anyway, and if it ain't broke, why try and fix it.

Good find mate.

Do you have to run this via Gekko region free if your already on 3.3E?

found these 2 lots of info for you guys:

First you need to run the REV3 Installer. To do this you will need a copy of a file called IOS37-64-v2070.wad which is the original wii wad file. You can download this from various places. You will have to google for it.

Once you have IOS37-64-v2070.wad you copy that file to the root of your SD card along with the installer, then insert the SD card into your wii and run the installer.

Once you have done this you can run the downgrader itself, copy the downgrader to your SD card then run it on your wii. You will need internet access while you run it.

Right, I just ran this to see what happens and it would seem that in some versions of the homebrew channel you can't see the installer app. So I played around with it and got it working. What follows is how to get this to run if you don't see the file in the homebrew channel.

Copy the file IOS37-64-v2070.wad to the root of your SD card
Create a new folder in the apps folder on your SD card called CustomIOS, so the root of your SD card hould look like this...

IOS37-64-v2070.wad
Apps
../CustomIOS

Then copy the file cIOS37_rev3-Installer.dol to the CustomIOS folder you just created, then rename the file to BOOT.dol

Now put the card in your wii and run the homebrew channel. You should now see the REV3 installer application in the list of apps to run. Select it and follow the on screen instructions.

To get the downgrader to run do the same thing. Create a folder called Downgrader in the Apps folder, so you will then have:-

IOS37-64-v2070.wad
Apps
../CustomIOS
../Downgrader

then copy the file cIOS_Downgrader_v1.1.dol to the new folder you just created. Rename the file as BOOT.dol and run from the homebrew channel.

Hopefully this will sort it for you.

Not having much luck at the moment.Burnt the dvd and installed it in the Wii but it would not recognize it So can't get as far as the SD card but i'm still playing with it so i will let you know what happens

ok, cheers m8, do you have the IOS37-64-v2070.wad file, if not, give us a shout.

thanks for trying this out for us, it has been said to work eksewhere.

Yeah ive got all the files but i haven't had any time to play with it tonight but i'll keep you updated on it .Thanks for the post mate

i have copied the files to the sd card IOS37-64-v2070.wad file and REV3 Installer. im already on 3.3e and would like it on 3.2 anyone got any clue to what i could try

cheers guys

i have copied the files to the sd card IOS37-64-v2070.wad file and REV3 Installer. im already on 3.3e and would like it on 3.2 anyone got any clue to what i could try

cheers guys

I've not tried this, but assume you run the instller with the Twilight hack on an non-modded wii????

i can confirm that this works 100%

i was asked if i would attempt a m8's wii today at downgrading, but i did tell this person it was my first, but he has faith in me.

and yes, piece of pee to do.

i then updated another wii from 3.1E to 3.3E just to do it again, and yep, works 100% no errors or mistakes or problems.

so yep, this is safe to use, and remember, DW is not responsible for any errors or faults etc... to your console, but i can honestly say it works.

yeah i guess i can wait a bit longer,,i just love hacking things.

ok here we go i have access,,i hope i dont screw this up my kid willl kill me,,thx for the app dude

*******update*********ok so do i have to be running homebrew channel to get this to work,,because atm i dont see nothing on my sd card when in the wii :(

Last edited:
sorted,,i now have a wii with 3.2 fw and my boys are now playing mario 64 atm,,,only proplem i had was with the downgrader it kinda scred up i couldnt get into the wii setting but fixed the problem with the mario kart disk update,

maybe my name stays

anyone need help pm me i will get u through,,but it is real easy :)

i have been trying to do this all day but without sucess i have everything set up on the wii the homebrew with the twilight hack and also all the files in the correct place on the memory card .
when i put the memory card in and start the homebrew i get the custom ios boot .dol version unknown and coder unknown when i hit load i get black screen with stuff on
it says custom ios installer v1.1 then custom ios37 03...
press a to accept when i do
it says reading ios37-64-v2070.wad and says patching and installing custom ios please wait....
installing ticket ... error (ret=-2011)
error custom ios could not be installed press any button to reset wii ...

please advise what i am doing wrong

when i put the memory card in and start the homebrew i get the custom ios boot .dol version unknown and coder unknown when i hit load i get black screen with stuff on
it says custom ios installer v1.1 then custom ios37 03...
press a to accept when i do
it says reading ios37-64-v2070.wad and says patching and installing custom ios please wait....
installing ticket ... error (ret=-2011)
error custom ios could not be installed press any button to reset wii ...

please advise what i am doing wrong

do you need to uninstall a previous cios?

do you need to uninstall a previous cios?

not that i know of i have only just installed homebrew today so i havent installed anything on my wii before so i shouldnt think so

Back