Downgrade 3.11 PSP

Trabbs

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi all, hope someone can advise me. My lad dropped his unmodded PSP and has broken the rear catch of the UMD drive - his PSP won't read UMDs anymore. If I mod his PSP (I know there is a guide here somewhere, I will have a search) will it still play from memory card if the UMD drive doesn't work?

Sorry if this is witless, haven't got a clue about any of this!

yes mate it will,do you have access to a psp with custome firmware
if not you will need to upgrade to 3.50 then use the lumines exploit or give me a pm ;)

Last edited:
It will mate, but some games still wont play without a disk in. Burnout and space invaders are just 2.

I have a psp with custom firmware on it, I think I use that to create a pandora battery?? I have read the guides but am feeling a little out of my depth! Any advice greatly appreciated - even if that is only a pointer to the easiest explanation already posted. Don't want to waste anybody's time. Thanks.

I have a psp with custom firmware on it, I think I use that to create a pandora battery?? I have read the guides but am feeling a little out of my depth! Any advice greatly appreciated - even if that is only a pointer to the easiest explanation already posted. Don't want to waste anybody's time. Thanks.

Create a pandora mate, that is the easiest way. But dont use the 3.90 disinister, use an earlier version, as the latest version causes problems.

Thanks Janobi, I'll give that a go after I have read the guides again. If I get stuck I will come back and ask some more questions. Appreciate your help.

Right, I think I have downgraded to 1.5. How do I uprade from this to latest version and how do I reconvert my pandoras battery to a normal one again please?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Right, I think I have downgraded to 1.5. How do I uprade from this to latest version and how do I reconvert my pandoras battery to a normal one again please?

Thanks in advance

If you have created a pandora mate, you should have the option to upgrade on it. Check that. After you have upgraded, then run the battery creator again to return to normal.

I get three options from the pandoras battery - downgrade, backup nand and restore nand! I'm guessing I'm doing something wrong? Or do I run upgrade from memory card?

Yes, used Mr Dudes. So use disinter 3.8 on the existing custom PSP and then put cardf and pandora battery in new PSP and take it to 380m33 from a menu there?

Yes, used Mr Dudes. So use disinter 3.8 on the existing custom PSP and then put cardf and pandora battery in new PSP and take it to 380m33 from a menu there?

yes then u can use the network update to go to the latest custom firmware

Thanks John, I will give that a go. Been on the beer cooking a BBQ so probably best wait til I'm a bit more sober!

Thanks for your help, much appreciated.

Done all that, held L shoulder button done and I get a menu with options to press x to install 3.90 M33, O to install original 3.9 and two others. I press the x button but nothing seems to be happening! Any ideas?

I know, I should have waited until tomorrow but it seemed a good idea at the time!!

Done all that, held L shoulder button done and I get a menu with options to press x to install 3.90 M33, O to install original 3.9 and two others. I press the x button but nothing seems to be happening! Any ideas?

I know, I should have waited until tomorrow but it seemed a good idea at the time!!

When you press X mate, it should then upgrade. Make sure you transfered all the files correctly and that.

does the mem card flash atall when u press x?
alot of people say that it does it blind so press x and see if the card flashes atall
if it does leave it 5 mins and check the sytem info and see if
it has done it.

failing that do the card again.

i have never had this problem atall with any psp or card but some people do.

Thanks John, I will give it another go.

I am almost embarrassed to ask this BUT..... which PSP should I do the grader with? Do I use it on the customised one and then transfer the memory card to the unmodded one and put in the pandora battery. I have been using it with the unmodded one, now downgraded to 1.5. Also, is it important to have fully charged batteries and the power lead in, as I have read with some other guides? Sorry for being such a numpty, would just love to get this sorted, if possible.

I am almost embarrassed to ask this BUT..... which PSP should I do the grader with? Do I use it on the customised one and then transfer the memory card to the unmodded one and put in the pandora battery. I have been using it with the unmodded one, now downgraded to 1.5. Also, is it important to have fully charged batteries and the power lead in, as I have read with some other guides? Sorry for being such a numpty, would just love to get this sorted, if possible.

You use the grader on a non custom fw psp mate. And batteries need to be 75% charged. And power lead in does help. But if you have gotten it to 1.5, then you could use one of Calo's upgraders for noobs. Think his site is www.calo-hacks.co.uk

Back