Downgrade 120

capdan

Inactive User
Reaction score
Do you have to downgrade a 120? I went to 192.168.100.1 and it had an NTL logo in it, which I thought was the newer flash?

Capdan

capdan said:
Do you have to downgrade a 120? I went to 192.168.100.1 and it had an NTL logo in it, which I thought was the newer flash?

Capdan

Yep that needs down graded to change the mac, theres no fix apart from lifting the chip and flashing it with a willam m8

thanks for clearing that up, oh dear I have six of the buggers lol

I have managed to update a 120 with the ntl logo and reset to the previous version. I now have a working 120 with a cloned mac address again:)

see pics below

which method did you use and have you tried it on a 100?

cheers

Don't know much about 100s mate but you can give it a go. I just stumbled on this fix through the opyions and it seems to work. I also changed the default username and password to prevent further updates from NTL. Don't know if this will work, any I deas anyone

capdan said:
I have managed to update a 120 with the ntl logo and reset to the previous version. I now have a working 120 with a cloned mac address again:)

see pics below

Very good work m8, i havnt tried it yet but will do when i get back, looks good. Cheers

with my 100 model, when i run hyperterminal and plug in power supply, i cant get a chance to select any options, hyperterminal just starts booting and dont stop at all, but thats with a 100 and not a 120.

could it be that iam not pressing the correct key or not pressing it fast enough, i hit the keys as fast as i can soon as i power it up, but it dont look like its going to stop for nuffin ????

p.s
rutters, did you give this a go with your 100 ?

thomson said:
with my 100 model, when i run hyperterminal and plug in power supply, i cant get a chance to select any options, hyperterminal just starts booting and dont stop at all, but thats with a 100 and not a 120.

could it be that iam not pressing the correct key or not pressing it fast enough, i hit the keys as fast as i can soon as i power it up, but it dont look like its going to stop for nuffin ????

p.s
rutters, did you give this a go with your 100 ?

Sorry, never tried it with a 100 I would expect it is different firmware altogether unless some one says otherwise

Capdan

capdan said:
Sorry, never tried it with a 100 I would expect it is different firmware altogether unless some one says otherwise

Capdan
i just tried my 100 there again, it dont let you even select or press any key options in hyperterminal :( it just instantly boots from the poxy new ntl updated firmware, feckin feck :Chainsaw: , iam gettin desperate man, this is doing me head in :FRIGHT:

what boot code is it? If its 3.11.3 it wont work you need 3.11.1 its still a new firmware. It will work on a 100 if its 3.11.1 :proud:

would you advise having the cable connected or not?

cheers

Nope cause it would then try to dl the new firmware. Do the commands work the same for the 100s as the 200s???

no go on a 100..wouldn't accept 'p' or '1' only loads image 2

L33tpL4y4 said:
what boot code is it? If its 3.11.3 it wont work you need 3.11.1 its still a new firmware. It will work on a 100 if its 3.11.1 :proud:

both my 100's have got poxy version 3.11.3 :Chainsaw:

rutters said:
where do U find the boot code?
run hyperterminal, it tells you at the start, if you miss it, just scroll back up to top.

Back