down grading from 2.82????

shank

Inactive User
Reaction score
anyone know if I can downgrade from version 2.82?? and how?

yes you can.

firstly you need an unpatched copy of GTA: liberty city stories
then you need to update to sony's official 3.03 firmware.
then you can downgrade to 1.5 using this downgrader : 3.03 to 1.5 downgrader

BTW welcome to digital world ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
ok thanks bro... do you know where i could get this?

DoomedEarl said:
My local blockbuster has a copy, as does my local asda believe it or not. I'd try a shop somewhere, familarise yourself with what you are looking for and get it!

or maybe ebay mate. you need the copy that has the 2.0 firmware update.

hi guys ive tried the search but cant seem to find the answers. is this the same for a 2.8 fw? i bought one for my sons birthday. ive already done my psp from 2.71 to 1.5 and didnt need gta etc. please tell me its just as easy. any help and advice is much appreciated. cheers

As long as it's not a TA-082 motherboard and is 2.80 NOT 2.81 or above, then same principle applies.

if it is 2.80 firmware and not above then you can downgrade a ta-082 psp and a none ta-082 psp to 1.5.

for a ta-082:

improved 2.80 downgrader (for ta-082)

and for a none ta-082: there's a few here but ive never used them, so best to do some research first to see if they work ok

http://www.psp-hacks.com/category/35

to check which version your is look behind the UMD door likr this >>>HERE<<<

if you see the letters ic1003 as shown in the picture then it's a ta-082.

Last edited:
cheers guys. am i right in thinking TA's are always white? like i said i do prefer to research rather than have the answers delt to me on a plate. however seeing as his birthday is on monday it dont leave me a lot of time. by the way guys is there any way i could go direct to a certain address online via my psp and dload a back up copy of a game that i already own straight into my iso folder (hmmmmmmmm). by the by mine is not a TA that was the first thing i checked when buying it. however thanks for the valuable info on the TA for other newbs to psps. information is knowledge and knowledge is usefull if you gonna pay 100 bucks for summat that might brick out on you. any guys reccomend a tried and tested dgrader for a non TA on 2.80 fw. regards gang.

Last edited:
ive not tested any of the 2.80 downgraders sorry.

there is a FTP program that allows you to transfer files to your psp from your pc using FTP, it has been posted here somewere but it is alot slower than transfering large ISO files via USB.

Last edited:
if it is 2.80 firmware and not above then you can downgrade a ta-082 psp and a none ta-082 psp to 1.5.

for a ta-082:

improved 2.80 downgrader (for ta-082)

This works for non TA082 boards too. This is the improved v2.80 PSP downgrader, suitable for use with all motherboards up to TA-086.
Use in conjunction with the v2.80 HEN loader.

You need Hen for 2.80

Hope this helps, but we have gone of topic slightly :)

Last edited:
aaahhhh i see.
i was going by the read me wich states this is for a ta-082 (dosent mention another model in the read me) but found it a bit strange half way through when it says "if you have a ta-082 then run the idstorage change first"

never used these so im only going on what i read but thx for the heads up, i might need to use them to 1 day ;)

Last edited:
thnks guys. have the stuff i need will crack on with it later. could you tell me the process order. i have a formated 2gb mem stick with no folders what so ever on it. run hen. then run dgrader then dev hook it up, is this correct. will hen put the required folders on to stick or is there something im missing? also where to i get a good 1.5 eboot from? thnks again for all your help. i know we going off subject earlier but im trying to get answers for my all ready done psp and my sons not so done psp.

1.50 eboot is in the downloads here
You need to run hen which will give you the ability to run the downgrader, then run the downgrader. When your at 1.50 I as most on here would say update to the dark alex custom firmware 3.10oe which is here

Good luck

hi guys ive now done 6 ta-082 boards
the easyiest way i found was to update to 303
then down to 150 and up to 310 using gta lc of course

hi guys ive now done 6 ta-082 boards
the easyiest way i found was to update to 303
then down to 150 and up to 310 using gta lc of course

I find this the easiest way too but if you haven't got GTA then you can't. You can however if you have 2.80 or below. The topic has gone a bit "off" because wenglishboy asked about his 2.80 version.

Perhaps we should write a guide and sticky it ;)
Different mobo/firmware combos and howto. Seems a lot of these questions around. Who's up for that then?

I find this the easiest way too but if you haven't got GTA then you can't. You can however if you have 2.80 or below. The topic has gone a bit "off" because wenglishboy asked about his 2.80 version.

Perhaps we should write a guide and sticky it ;)
Different mobo/firmware combos and howto. Seems a lot of these questions around. Who's up for that then?

yes ill do one for the method i use and pm u it to check its correct

wen you guys have wrote your tut on down grading just pm higlander and he`ll make it a sticky ok , cos yeh ur rite seems alot of people asking the same stuff instead of looking at old threads that obtain the answers they need ?

sounds like a good idea.
ive only ever upgraded/downgraded from 2.71 (both ta-082 and non ta-082) so far but i have a tutorial, wasnt my work lol but ive posted it here already so it can be used if needed.

Back