Double standards on here

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems to be we are just showing a bit of sorrow here guys because the free tele is coming to an end and we're all getting a bit touchy with some subjects. At the end of the day we're all born the same way and we all go out of this world the same way and for this in my eyes we ARE all EQUAL.

Wot, even Rangers fans?? :err:

Tbh emerald is probably a nice bloke.
Im sure he is just a wind up merchant ( a good one at that )

USE THE IGNORE LIST NANI

It really is as simple as that mate.

Look, there are many reasons why people are racist, all of them totally unjust. A racist is normally uneducated, twisted or negatively effected socialy in some way... loads of reasons mate, but you should understand this and then look again at what a racist IS not what one DOES... A racist is someone who needs help and understanding, really...

That said, I was only just thinking to myself before how much the goings on here lately remind me of a TV soap opera!! Most daily members have an opinion on almost everything and comment on things when there is absolutly no need to.

There is too much idle chit-chat and gosip going on I think and people saying things just for the sake of wasting a bit of time... This is what I think is the eventuallity of nonsical chat.

Name me one situation where idle chat didn't end up in someone feeling hurt or ostracised or only ever something negative coming out of it. Just my opinion.

what a shite thread this is, is this what DW members has stooped to now,i must admit im getting saddened by the same bullshite thats posted on here and tbh im rarlely visiting now i think things have to change now as these type of posts are as per usual getting out of hand

Every fookin time a see that avatar a just buckle..lol

I just put my little 3 year old boy to bed. He said i love you daddy and gave me a sloppy kiss on the cheek.I then realised how trivial all my gripes of the day had been.

Lifes not so bad eh?

As if there isn't enough dispute about colour, creed, race, religion etc it seems to be taken to seriously on a site like DW by some members.
We are all and i mean all open to Freedom of Speech in general terms but if it is directed personally towards one person then that is different, but sometime we use certain words in banter or to state a point.

I agree with the MODS dependent on the severity of the words use and the context in which they are directed then that should decide the fate of the poster.

These sort of comments have been used against us all for many years especially by comedians of all nationalities and taken in good faith.

Lets all chill out think a little more what we are saying and how it may be interpreted by the reader, some of who read things in a different context to what is meant and enjoy the knowledge, chat and banter we all need to keep us sane.

I just put my little 3 year old boy to bed. He said i love you daddy and gave me a sloppy kiss on the cheek.I then realised how trivial all my gripes of the day had been.

Lifes not so bad eh?

Cracking post Matt

I just heard my neighbour of 25 years Died today at 57 yrs old.
Forums are just keyboard talk. Its the real life that is hard.

RIP Willie.

Cracking post Matt

I just heard my neighbour of 25 years Died today at 57 yrs old.
Forums are just keyboard talk. Its the real life that is hard.

RIP Willie.

57 is no age is it m8 :(

I thought hard about wether or not to post what i did as it was a personal thing. But then sometimes it's needed just to ground us.

I'v just figured out why everone is so touchy on this forum

its because of Nagra 3 coming out, no one has any tv to watch so they come on here to entertain them selfs.

lol

To be honest, where i grew up **** is second nature as a work to mean an object, person or people i.e. look at that daft **** ect.

I'd find it more insulting to be called an Idoit than a **** lol.

I like how this forum has went all filtery and stuff it really takes the phiss

Last edited:
It seems to be we are just showing a bit of sorrow here guys because the free tele is coming to an end and we're all getting a bit touchy with some subjects. At the end of the day we're all born the same way and we all go out of this world the same way and for this in my eyes we ARE all EQUAL.

Nail, head, 100%.

But unfortunately it's what we do in between that counts....some people lead by example, some people pioneer, there are those that are respected, and then there are those who are hated....basically we might all be equal at the end of the day but some people do blatantly act like twats in between and take shit out on everyone else just because they are piss miserable and they like to blame others for their own problems.

Not directed at anyone in particular it's just the harsh truth. Also just like to point out to the people who tell nani to get over himself - I've had the same shit said to me before, it's not nice but it's not entirely without merit - but I also believe there's a lot of people on here with no life that take great pleasure in picking the scabs to see how much it'll bleed.....in other words getting too much enjoyment out of pouring fuel onto the fire.

And finally to those people saying Emerald hates everyone well I just want to point out that emerald has always been fine with me....now I don't know that he is a racist but if he is, then that's his right to be one. Just like it's your right not to like that. Me to be perfectly honest I couldn't care less where he fits or what he is, I just know he's always been alright with me. Which is more than I can say for a lot of folks on here.....

I guess the point is that some people have nothing better to do than to promote explosive arguments and then make like it's someone else's fault....that's probably why the general chat is so popular lol. ;)

Lol careful m8 hehe careful! ;)

Might have to go Jack Bauer on you in PM pmsl :p

Last edited:
I honestly think that the problem lies with the recent (i mean in the last 50 or so years ) influx of different cultures into our society that don't understand the British humour.
For (it seems like forever) we have told jokes like " have you heard the one about the Englishman / Irishman and Scotsman" jokes and everyone has a laugh.But unfourtunately the newer members of our society have probably never experienced any thing like this and think we are having a go at them. I was brought up as a catholic and it seems like most of our preists are sexual deviants and they probably are, but i'm not going to demonstrate on the streets of London about it. I dare say if i moved to the middle east i probably wouldn't understand their humour either but for the sake of keeping my head attached to my shoulders i would probably keep my mouth shut.I think what i'm really trying to say is just chill out everyone.It's nice to hear everyones views on this subject but at the end of the day this is a UK forum

From what I've seen of Emarald's posts using the search (which still isn't working pre-26th June) then I don't mind the guy.

He tells it how he sees it and doesn't bow down to heirs and graces. As I've said on a previous post,his opinions are his own and he doesn't force them on anyone.

Leave the guy alone Nani and stop throwing your toys out of the pram!!

a good job that alf garnet is not a member on dw
he would be callin everyone coonts whether you english,scottish,irish
welsh,black,white,yello,muslim,christians,jews,goths ?? (is that a religeon??)
scousers,northerners,mancurians,etc etc etc

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOhXpmozpbE]YouTube - Alf Garnett on the British Empire[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back