Double Gas Oven

Napster

Global Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi

we are looking at replacing our oven with a built in double gas oven but I'm having trouble finding one it needs to be all Gas, and all i can find is double gas with electric grill 20amp, this is where i get confused is the 20amps a socket ring main or is it that thick cable like on a shower feed.

Can anyone set me right on this.

Better as a separate feed if possible. The ring will probably be 32A so a 20A load is quite a big chunk.

The cable doesn't need to be that thick (4mm or 6mm) but what about your existing cooker point? That would be ideal :)

Better as a separate feed if possible. The ring will probably be 32A so a 20A load is quite a big chunk.

The cable doesn't need to be that thick (4mm or 6mm) but what about your existing cooker point? That would be ideal :)

Hi

My single cooker is gas with a plug just to light it, im looking for something in gas but a double oven, but all i can seem to find is double gas with electric grill which is not what i really want.

I understood that M8, I was commenting on the electric part only. John Lewis do some double gas ovens with gas grills...

found myself one at last LOOK HERE it does run grill via 13 amp plug, just awaiting delivery of goods.

thats the luck i have got as well mate bad luck and nae luck !

New oven all fitted and working great, wife's happy so I'm happy.

EDIT: forgot to say the grill handle was missing so I made a call to belling (wait for this)its an optional extra if you want one there are £11.99, told them to feck off, luckily my old oven was a belling so had one.

Last edited:
New oven all fitted and working great, wife's happy so I'm happy.

EDIT: forgot to say the grill handle was missing so I made a call to belling (wait for this)its an optional extra if you want one there are £11.99, told them to feck off, luckily my old oven was a belling so had one.

ffs grill handle was an optional extra :(

it even said it in the manual, I was gob smacked :(

That is ridiculous man, £700 on an oven and you have to pay for the grill handle

Look at least your sorted now and her indoors is happy :)

Back