Dog Insurance.

sneaker

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I know this has been discussed before but at the time it wasn't something of interest, now however one of the kids is looking to get a good full cover deal for her Spaniel. So far the deal she has found is £25 a month, has anyone any recommendations?

Make sure you do your research as in Ireland some of the plans offer limited coverage and it's hard to get money from them.

I used allianz for our fella as was told they were the best to pay out and it was about €300 a year but well worth it. Never had any problems getting money off them the only problem i had was getting the vets to put in the forms. In the last 3 years alone his medical expenses were over 6k and I only had to pay the 100 excess on top of the 300 a year.

Of late I have thought about getting a dog but the one big thing that puts me clean off is the vet bills.
A close friend spent thousands on vet bills for his dog which eventually died through illness.
He had insurance but the treatment it required apparently wasn't covered in the policy.
It was only after speaking to him that I suddenly came to realise that dogs can become a dear do when things go wrong.

After a rethink I might just get a goldfish instead

Back