Dog care for the summer

Sylvester

Inactive User
Reaction score
:Cheers: Time of year and all the big and small muts are shedding their hair? When feeding your dog put some cod liver oil in the food. It will give the mutt and nice shiny coat and keep their hair, nails, and joint in good condition. Use only the liquid cod liver oil. Dose depending on the dogs size.
Shampoo causes skin irritations on dogs. Dog shampoo is expensive, so use baby shampoo,it's cheap and will not cause bacterial infections on the dogs skin.

If our dog hears the word Bath it fooks off and hides lol

Same here lol. Funny enough so do the kids :Clap:

hahah i second that. my two teenage boys are the same. the word bath is like swearing to them ha. as for the dog, shes not impressed with the washing thing either xx

Just had the dog clipped nice and short for the summer, skin was quite flaky underneath so will try the baby shampoo stuff, save the timotei for me.

I have a 9 stone masstiff he loves the hose pipe on a mix tap luke warm suppose im lucky i use head and shoulders he dont have dandruff just great great looking furrrr lol

he dont fit in the bath :proud:

Mutt wash

:Cheers: Don't bother with the bath. use the watering can outside with the garden hose. Putt warm water i the can and shampoo the mutt,hose him down,wife too if she's near use, cut down on shower costs.

If he's flaky underneath, use the cod liver oil in his food for a few weeks. You will see a big difference

Every few months not good for theri coats,build up of bacteria in the skin,causes irritation, and will cost you in the long term with vets. Stick him in the shower for a few minutes and give him something nice a few times. After a while he'll be calling you to go to the shower.Don't forget the cod liver oil and watch the difference in a few weeks . Shiny coat,full of life and better eyesight.

Back