does ur motor need a signal from the lnb before it will turn

that'll never work it needs to be set to the closet satellite due south too you for UK and 4w for irelend i think?

is the motor moving now though? if it is align it to 1w peak the signal and then all the others should drop in correctly

well i had a try for a few hours and as for finding thor we couldnt hit a

waynesrummagebarnbarndoorlogo.jpg

fecks knows why but done my own sat and that is 100% perfect

lol mate thanks for trying i could see you did your best i wonder why.

Im glad i wasnt going round the bend after all lol

does anyone know if its possible for anyone not to be able to get thor???????

Mr P

might need pole on chimney m8
they hills could be bigger than they look in pic
i few of the guys in here had to get them on chimneys in the last couple
of weeks.

if thats the case i wont bother mate to be honest

i can get astra and a few others we did so tonight but not thor

might have to get maerseysat in and set me up:CRYBABY:

im sure i can get it the hill is well away really

is the lnb set to on for those sats? dont know about your box but mine has the option to switch the lnb on or off or to 1.1 and 1.2 for each sat. not sure whether it would affect finding the sat but id think so.

have you a channel list loaded aswell it helps loads when trying to find sats.

also check your connections, i was getting a 0% signal the other day and wondered wft, it was because id moved the box to somewhere else in the house and pulled the connection, it worked on 28e but if i changed to 13e id get 0%, cut and reattached the wire and bingo full signal all sats.

Im new to all this mate i can pick up some sats so i think my lnb is ok

i can get astra when moved so thats further down the arc than 1w so if i can get astra surly i can get thor ????

im not saying you lnb is fooked, its settings on the box as i said my box allows me to turn the lnb off / on certain sats.

so i could have it on for 28 e but off for 1w, settings on the box, not sure what box you have or if you'll have the same settings on yours,

it lets me select lnb (on off for each sat) and in the same settings the DiSEqC mode 1.1 1.2 ect....

check your settings to make sure the diff sats are set to lnb on.

not sure whether yours will have this but im just chucking suggestions out.

lol mate thanks for trying i could see you did your best i wonder why.

Im glad i wasnt going round the bend after all lol

does anyone know if its possible for anyone not to be able to get thor???????

Mr P

if it's any consolation m8 I cant get thor either.. well i can but i have to increase the elevation.

I get everything from 5e to 28e without problem but if i want thor i need to go and tilt the dish a good bit. :err:

Hi all ive been reading all night and thinking and ive found sumfin which could be my problem or lets say hope.

ive attatched a photo of my dish and also a copy of digi photo of his tut.What i have found is my motor is the other way which isnt a problem but i have found that in his tut he has this paragraph.

"Now you need to mount the dish onto the motor, this is an important part of the installation as if the dish is not mounted on the motors pole correctly then it will fail to follow the satellite arc correctly and you will not pick up the available signals correctly, The dish has to be pointing away from the center of the motors pole, check this as you are tightening the dish onto the pole because as you tighten the left nut the dish will turn on the pole to the right and vice versa so tighten both sides of the clamp evenly"

On digi's photo his dish is at the end of his motor arm (i have arrowed it in red) Now mine is only in the middle could this be the problem does my have to be at the very end????

ive added a picy of mine to show u

let us knw what u fink

mr p

I think you need to look at the elevation angles again. If you look at the two photos on Digi's pic his dish is not far from vertical, whereas yours does seem to be pointing a bit on the high side, although it's hard to tell from the pictures angle to be certain..

The most important angle is the motor one, once you have this set for sure then leave it. I would get the TM to drive the dish to Thor 11325 H and select BBC World it's a good signal and FTA.

Once you have done this loosen the bolts for the dish elevation (not the motor) and very slowly making very slight movements move the dish angle so it points lower. Not sure if you have someone helping you, but you really need someone standing in front of the TV to tell you when you hit the signal, from there it's just a mater of making slight adjustments both on the dish elevation until the quality peaks, and then loosening the motor bolts to adjust the whole rig left or right to peak the signal again.

But most important thing is to be sure that the whole thing is pointing due south to start, make sure you check with a compass.

Frenchman

Last edited:
Right guys i have rang a lad from linksats he's coming on sat between 12-2 as its up on the wall he has said 50 to do plus if he has to take it down and re-install from scratch it will be 80.

im not to arsed about the price now i just want it done asap.

i know iv tried to my limit and bro has done his best so that will do me.

LETS JUST HOPE HE CAN SORT IT LOL

Mr P

Hi Lads
Long time since i did a satdish but looking at the photos the dish is pointing to high.
Also it looks like an offset dish did you take this into account?
The trees wont be an issue if there away twice there distance to there height as a rule of tumb eg tree=40ft distance to trees=80ft

heres a video
http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Installation/HH-mount-installation.htm

Last edited:
the trees look like they shouldnt cause too much of an issue, unless you go for turksat, but looking at your photos, it does look like the elevation of the dish is a bit high, also, the line on the tube of the motot MUST bedead in line with the LNB arm of the dish, this looks out as well m8

Thanks for your reply digi i know the libe on the back on the motor is dead centre with the rear of the motor bracket(due south) im just convinced its got something to do with the enbankment and that the signal is not reaching the dish due to this.

dnt want to have to take it all down

Mr P

why dont you stick the dish on your chimmey will that clear the trees then

you murderer what did those poor trees do to you :)

Back