does ur motor need a signal from the lnb before it will turn

added some more pictures for you lot to see im wondering if i should mount my dish higher on the motor arm?

ive taken a picture of my motor bracket showing if set my latitude correctly

Before anyone shouts at me lol i know the motor isnt set at 0 as ive moved it just so i can take the photo's for you all to see

Last edited:
on both sides of the motor is one latitude marking and on the other is it elevation,because once i did settings on the wrong side lol and was way out,mounting the dish higher on the motor arm wont make much difference aslong as the bracket is clearing the motor when moving

Last edited:
on both sides of the motor is one latitude marking and on the other is it elevation,because once i did settings on the wrong side lol and was way out,mounting the dish higher on the motor arm wont make much difference aslong as the bracket is clearing the motor when moving

cheers mate im going to higher the motor anyway plus i set themlattitude on the latitude side

i know i have to get up the dreaded ladder again and move the dish to the west until i get thor

once you have your dish set to zero and facing dead south you shouldn't need to go up the ladder m8 to get it to move to thor. your box should be able to move it if your using usals.
if using diseqc you'll need to set it to zero and dead south then step west till you hit thor.

wouldnt do it no harm mate,then put your lat and long settings back in reciever

will do see if it makes a change

just plucking at straws nw my dads bk at 2 so he going back up the ladder to doublke check everything again lol

hope so bro i really do im getting to the end of my teather nw

Mr P

m8 i was exactly the same as you a few months back.. its a feckin nightmare.

but the main thing is to get the dish zero'd and facing dead south.
Then if your box supports usals it should find thor (and everything else) itself.
you might need to adjust the elevation at this point.
If it doesn't support usals you'll have to find sats with the motor setup utility on the box

do you have one of those little bleeper things m8? they don't tell if you're getting a good signal or a bad one but when it starts whining at least you you know youre near something.

m8 i was exactly the same as you a few months back.. its a feckin nightmare.

but the main thing is to get the dish zero'd and facing dead south.
Then if your box supports usals it should find thor (and everything else) itself.
you might need to adjust the elevation at this point.
If it doesn't support usals you'll have to find sats with the motor setup utility on the box

do you have one of those little bleeper things m8? they don't tell if you're getting a good signal or a bad one but when it starts whining at least you you know youre near something.

im going to do it via usuals mate im going to set the technomate back to factory as it keeps moving to astra each tim ei turn it on

ive got a bleeper but it did have any instructions with it ive set it to 0 and attatched it but dont get any beeps etc

i got one from B&Q which you turn the knob up till it starts squealing then turn it down slightly till it just about stops. it wasnt very good tbh.

I also have one like this
LotImg254.jpg

which is a lot easier to use if you're thick like myself....

i just used all the stuff that came with my motor and dish and set them according to my lattitude or longitude forget now

Satellite Finder / Dish Pointing Calculator with Google Maps | DishPointer.com

use that site to find south if you dont have a compass

defo reset your box as this is what caused my problems wit my dreambox image

set it up with usals

get everything correct to your positiion

once the motors on the wall with dish attached it should be more or less straight the dish when pointing to Sout / 1 w

once the motor moves to 1w and then your box is recieving a signal then all should be fine

what size dish you got? where you located?

im going to do it via usuals mate im going to set the technomate back to factory as it keeps moving to astra each tim ei turn it on

ive got a bleeper but it did have any instructions with it ive set it to 0 and attatched it but dont get any beeps etc

i had one with a dial on it and when set to 0 couldnt hear feckall,try it half way mate

with my beeper i set it up as high as possible and then gradually kept bringing it down once id found the satellite to minimum

theres a good yuotube video which shows how to use one but im at work at the minute and youtube is blocked

am not that hot at actually sticking the dish to the wall and aligning it up. But isn't the dial for sensitivity? Once you find a satellite you keep turning it and make smaller and smaller adjustments until you get the strongest signal you can.

Si

Just to update you all i had a guy round last night he was a sat engineer for SKY and he set my sat dish at astra using his higly sensative reader now i can only get a few channels i carnt get bbc or anything like that the only channels i can get which are viewable are al jazzera news and a few other sky news jumps and splutters etc.

Now my dish motor is zero'd at astra so thats my go to point but i carnt get any other sats do u think its still not on the arc the thing is im nt sure if im totally on astra as if i am i should get more channels.

what should i do next

ive tried all transponders on thor and the others but nothing

Mr P

the fecker would of been better settings your dish for thor then the rest would of fell into place,as it is now you will be way out me thinks

Back