does ur motor need a signal from the lnb before it will turn

Mr Parsnip

DW Member ++
Reaction score
hello all i have trie4d 2 seperate receivers and i9 still carnt get my motor to turn any idea's i am wondering if ur motor needs a signal from ur lnb before it will turn???

the motor will turn just connected to the receiver m8

what receiver are you using, have you enabled motor control?

im using a technomate 1500ci ive changed the move to west and est via holding the buttons to the left and right.

ive also changed the cable as i thought it could have been that but still the same

when i put my tongue on the end which goes into the motor from the receiver it doesnt give me a kick atall

ive tried to recivers and still the same out come

omg dont put your tongue on it m8 lol, that can be 18v, thatll spike your hair lol

if no voltage is coming out of the cable at the motor end, check its not shorted out in the f connector at the back of the receiver

click satellite help below, then how to install a motorised dish, in that thread theres a link on how to make off the ends of the cable

update now ive got the motor to move finally now im a wee bit confused should i use disequ or usuals with usuals i can put my elevation in on my dish and my lattitude in on my motor bracket which one is easiest.

im sure in nearly there i followed didi's tut my bracket is level and square my motor is also parrallel with the bracket. i know i have to get up the dreaded ladder again and move the dish to the west until i get thor

i have added some pics of my mobile of my setup nw and also what i have looking straight at the dish ie trees etc

the picture of the trees in facing west

Attachments

• Image936.jpg
    Image936.jpg
    788.1 KB · Views: 61
usals is the best m8

diseqc 1.2 you have to manually find and store every satellite one at a time

usals you set the dish to one satellite, and it then calculates where all the others are

set it as usals, then tell it to move to thor, bbc world news, then go out and play with the dish untill you get a picture

if you find thor then enter the usals details youll have to start again

Right guys i have tried both ways and im getting **** all,the bracket is set dead south everything is correct ive even replaced the lnb thinking this could be why im not getting a signal ive done from wall to wall and i carnt find nothing thor,astra etc the lattitude is correct on the motor and the dish elevation is correct

im getting sweet fa

Mr P

does the motor have stored positions? in manual it'll have loads of numbers and then say which is for each satellite. also try getting the box to manually move the motor east > west and see if it moves

shouldnt need LNB or anytihng to do that plugged in

try bringing the motor indoors and having it on very short cable run from box to check its moving?

does the motor have stored positions? in manual it'll have loads of numbers and then say which is for each satellite. also try getting the box to manually move the motor east > west and see if it moves

shouldnt need LNB or anytihng to do that plugged in

try bringing the motor indoors and having it on very short cable run from box to check its moving?

Hi lads the motor moves ive tried everyhting like bro said "move the dish elevation"ive tried that awell mate i m wondering ive only moved the motor bracket laeft and right to see if i get thow should itry moving it up in down the wall mount??

would that make any difference?
if i carnt get it sorted tmoz in going to get a sat engineer out of the yellow pages as im getting to the end of my tethor lol

Mr P

on the motor bracket on one side there is a longitude setting and on the other side there is a lat,you sure you not set it up by the wrong side,plenty have mate

on the motor bracket on one side there is a longitude setting and on the other side there is a lat,you sure you not set it up by the wrong side,plenty have mate

Nr mate i have checked that todat and the lat is set on the lattitude side

its like im totally missing the arc but everything is right ive checked checked and double checked.

the only thing i could think of is the motor bracket i have only been moving left and right but not up and down so could this be my problem.

i tried the sat meter and nothing changes and also the bars on the screen are in reds and have the following quality 30% and siganl 5%

im really pulling my hair out now what else could i have done wrong.

Mr P

Hi all ive been reading all night and thinking and ive found sumfin which could be my problem or lets say hope.

ive attatched a photo of my dish and also a copy of digi photo of his tut.What i have found is my motor is the other way which isnt a problem but i have found that in his tut he has this paragraph.

"Now you need to mount the dish onto the motor, this is an important part of the installation as if the dish is not mounted on the motors pole correctly then it will fail to follow the satellite arc correctly and you will not pick up the available signals correctly, The dish has to be pointing away from the center of the motors pole, check this as you are tightening the dish onto the pole because as you tighten the left nut the dish will turn on the pole to the right and vice versa so tighten both sides of the clamp evenly"

On digi's photo his dish is at the end of his motor arm (i have arrowed it in red) Now mine is only in the middle could this be the problem does my have to be at the very end????

ive added a picy of mine to show u

let us knw what u fink

mr p

Attachments

• Image936.jpg
    Image936.jpg
    788.1 KB · Views: 37
i think ur motor is upside down

thats what iu thought but the manual says and shows it being installed that way mate wish it was that lol

does my dish have to be at the very end like didgi's
no m8

try ur setting like this

LAT: 53.39° N
LONG: 2.59° W

HH100/120 elevation: 22.4°

Back