does this look right?

foozoo

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have been visiting this site for a while now, but this is the first tech question i have had to ask, mainly cos i solve most my probs using the "search button"

Here goes as every one else is a the moment i have been trying to write a mosc card, it writes ok, and works in the box ok, but doesn't update could one of you kind fellas take a look and see if i've missed something.

Thanks

foozoo

That looks pretty much ok except I wouldn't leave CamId at 00 00 00 00

Whether the image works or not will be determined by the tier data in that image. Main thing for AU is to make sure all the Tier 7 Emm keys are correct

Hi
that all looks right
but i would have used a b01 image
As for it not updating that sounds odd
Did u enter the public keys in nagra
Or did u use the one on the image
If so then it updated when u put it in the box
Or black screen of death

crackerchalk said:
but i would have used a b01 image

Why B01 ?

A B04 is really the base image these days. Even NagraEdit cleans back to B04 rather than B01

I just followed the tut putting my bk and ird in i thought thats all i had to do, should i have entered a 0 and 1 key to get me started?

foozoo said:
I just followed the tut putting my bk and ird in i thought thats all i had to do, should i have entered a 0 and 1 key to get me started?
If u didnt enter the keys then the card is au
Cos the image u wrote had old keys
if it worked then it should au

ok i put the card in, the usaul channels came on i.e. 1,2,3, etc but no subbed channels, i have another mosc card which i behaving the same, this is whats made me think it must be me in the wrong, i have a fun card which is ok, so its not the box, do u need any more info? i really am just an amateur at this. OK just read the card and they keys have not updated how long should i wait? from what i have read an hour seems ample.

Last edited:
Also did u reboot the box to eng menu
And then check card status
The keys wont update
till they send new 1s or box is rebooted

i feel a silly now, i missed the new tut and yep i'd left my cam id's at 0000, i will give it a try now and fingers crossed!

oh well still no joy, tried rewritng as per new tut, still no luck, where do i get the keys to manually input? can i read them off my fun card?
thanks for all your help.

Try a different image"! and see what happens

Are you doing EMM Mod or AU ????

foozoo said:
ok i put the card in, the usaul channels came on i.e. 1,2,3, etc but no subbed channels, i have another mosc card which i behaving the same, this is whats made me think it must be me in the wrong, i have a fun card which is ok, so its not the box, do u need any more info? i really am just an amateur at this. OK just read the card and they keys have not updated how long should i wait? from what i have read an hour seems ample.

Check BK is correct"!
IRD back to front (XX XX XX 12)

shouldn't take more the 3 minutes to update

yep bk & ird correct, i've tried ird bothways, just the au, which image would you recommend?

Last edited:
i am using the ones posted by davidh, for pure ntl. teesside.

still no luck, cards are locking up now!!! i think i am trying too hard.
i am away for a couple of weeks now, so i've trained the other half how to do fun cards, otherwise they'd have been hell on, no nick jr for 2 weeks, i wouldn't have had a house to come back to!!!

foozoo said:
still no luck, cards are locking up now!!! i think i am trying too hard.
i am away for a couple of weeks now, so i've trained the other half how to do fun cards, otherwise they'd have been hell on, no nick jr for 2 weeks, i wouldn't have had a house to come back to!!!

have you tried the card with the current keys inputed on it..?

just to check your box details are right on the card..?

Back