Does Sly Go work on a firestick?

shabbaranks

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Trying to get Sky Go to work on a Firestick - it installs but will not launch. Has anyone successfully got this to work?

Thanks

have seen some reports about working on some android boxes but never managed it here

as above best way laptop to tv maybe need win10 & edge browser now cant test as binned sly ages ago

Yeah I was thinking about HTPC. Shame really as I wanted to get a single device for all, binned off my HTPC ages ago and replaced it with a Firestick. Funny how these things come back around next I'll be digging out my Elvis programmer and firing up my old digi box :D

Yeah thanks I've tried that and it does install just wont launch. Strange why someone would put a tut out there when it doesn't work.

yip very easy to get it to install always has been but no point as it does not work as you will see no show it working just installed

reason i got rid was good when allowed was handy with 4 connections on skygo extra but now only 2 devices at same time allowed crap lol

Is it supported on a HTPC (Windows 10 device) I've read various contradicting posts on tinterweb. Didn't want to set it all up and find out it doesn't work, its almost as if sly are gearing up for phone\iPhone\tablet devices only as you cant hdmi out from them to a tv.

For reference guys it works on an HTPC although its a bit laggy so think you need a decent spec PC for it to work properly. Gonna buy an i3 nuc and see how it goes

For reference guys it works on an HTPC although its a bit laggy so think you need a decent spec PC for it to work properly. Gonna buy an i3 nuc and see how it goes
quality is good on my new i3 pc on sky go but not on my laptop

Last edited:
Hi spoke to 2 guys on Saturday about Sky go Amazon tv and they said plans are a foot for it to go on the platform soon. They were in the town centre selling sky to new customers Official.

handy if does come back but not as good anymore as they only allow two streams at same time now used to allow 4 when i had it

Back