Does clone DM8000 suffer same problems as DM800?

witchy

Banned for good!
Reaction score
I'm thinking of treating myself to a clone DM8000, does it have the same tuner issues as the DM800?

i don't think anyone in the world has a dm8000 clone yet.

The websites that have them for sale haven't got them in stock yet.

if your doing it use a credit card then you can always claim it back.

Im sure 147 pieces went into manufacture last week so they could be finished.

why bother with a clone dm8000 when the vu+ duo is £400 and proven a good quality receiver

Yeah the closest thing to a DM8000 clone is a VU+, just get one of those only main dif is tuners are fixed in the VU+, still a cracking box, best of market for money right now I'd say...

The guys at Wiz and Lavatronics will have new stock again soon :) :)

can you still use enigma2/dm8000 images on the vu duo box? Also there are loads of forums/websites dedicated to helping dreambox users... i can find little support for these duo boxes... is it because these boxes are so easy/straightforward to use and are so fool proof, that no one needs any support ? :)

Last edited:
can you still use enigma2/dm8000 images on the vu duo box? Also there are loads of forums/websites dedicated to helping dreambox users... i can find little support for these duo boxes... is it because these boxes are so easy/straightforward to use and are so fool proof, that no one needs any support ? :)

Yes mate, they can run any DM8000 Enigma 2 image.

Reason there isn't much support is probably because the machine is brand new.

There is loads of support out there for the VU+ but the reason you dont see as much as you do for 800 clones is because they dont have the problems that the clones have. I have only actualy seen one thread with an actual hardware fault.

Back