Does cardsharing work with cable tv?

Julez101

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all,

I would like to find out if I purchase a cline which I have done for a box using a satellite dish and works perfectly, now if I purchase another cline and place it into my second box on cccam using dvb-c would it work? In other words do cardsharing clines function on both satellite and cable!?

your help on the subject would be much appreciated!
Thanks in advance

No..........................
Why would they?
Different encryption/systems etc.

You can buy a Kryptview stb that will work along the same lines as cs.
But it come preconfigured.

Alright thanks for that mate! Had no idea it was different encryption.. Now is it possible to do as you say but via an app similar to cccam that is able to decrypt the channels or is it a specific box you are talking about.. Please understand that I am new to the satellite/cable scene and that everybody starts somewhere..

better with sat due to so many servers and help forums:Hit:

works perfectly fine

sbox ,oscam ,and newcs all read the card

csp , multcs and cccam all work fine as cardserver >>> emu

yes cable can be shared but there arent any commercial servers about as how to do it isnt that common knowledge, theres a few members on here with cable servers but they keep it all to themselves so it doesnt become a target.

Hello I have a duo2 I might add a cable tuner if someone would like to give me some private pointers.
discretion assured.

Hi, I have had sat cs for 3 years now. iam looking at cable now though as have no hd now and google cant tell me what I need to know.do I need a virmin broadband ? what box/s ? ? does it suffer from glitching and freezing like sat sometimes does ? if somebody could point me in the right direction please can someone pm me with what I need to know ? your help would be massively appreciated.thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Freezing and glitching is generally a sign of a an overutilsed pay server or network conenctivity issue (not recieving ecms/keys ina timely fashion). There seem to be plenty of new comemrcial cable CS servers appearing now...so all in all not a lot different for an end client.
You need to know thw correct Net ID, Symbol Rate, and frequency for your area, and install the relevant softcam...Clue..a lot of servers dont like CCCAM. That should be enough info to get you started...
Of course you need a live cable feed and a reciever with a DVB C tuner..a broadband feed will work..providing it's live.

i use a dvb-c card for cable and use acamd to open it up as servers wont let you use cccamd, no glitching or anything with my setup :) touch wood
meant to say i run dvbviewer which also opens up chans in xbmc for me

i use a dvb-c card for cable and use acamd to open it up as servers wont let you use cccamd, no glitching or anything with my setup :) touch wood
meant to say i run dvbviewer which also opens up chans in xbmc for me
Hi mate how did you set it up? I'm having a bit of a nightmare with it. What plugins did you use etc... Cheers

use acamd 6.2
place acamd inside the dvbviewer/plugins folder and edit the cardclient.conf with your line details

mine looks like this for cable
newcamd2:SERVER:pORT:1/1841/FFFF:USER:pASSWORD:0102030405060708091011121314

or this for sly
newcamd2:SERVER:pORT:1/0963/FFFF:USER:pASSWORD:0102030405060708091011121314

if you want it to work with kodi/xbmc
make a folder inside the plugin folder called plugins2 and copy everything from the plugins folder into plugins2 folder. install dvbviewer recording service, then inside kodi activate tv and choose the dvbviewer plugin and all should work fine :)

Back