Dodgy TV?

earwig999

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Thought I would post and see if anyone else has a dodgy tv like mine.

On certain programs, think it depends on if it is dark I can see a bar across the screen that goes from the bottom upto the top and then back round again, over and over. I think it is there all the time but just more visible with certain colours etc. My bro in law came round last night and his tv is doing the same.

They are both Samsung LE screens, mine is 32" and his is a 42". We both have VM, his is through scart and mine is through component.

I have tried adjusting the contrast, birghtness and colours but that didn't help. Anyone else got a similar problem.

that may happen if you are on the wrong extension or whatever it is on your tv
i.e on ours ext 1 is for dvd recorder ext2 is for vm and ext 3 is for tape recorder
if i watch vm on ext 1 i can see text shadows in the background.try flicking thru av channels and see if you get same problem

I think its called grounding. If I unplug the Xbox 360 it stops, but if I put on the Xbox360 and also the VM cable box it comes back. To play on the Xbox I have to unplug the component leads from the back of the cable box. Bit of a pain but I'll have to see if there is some kind of isolator.

i think it is the frequencies for the vm and the 360 clashing i remember the old videos used to have a tuning screw to change the frequency to stop this !!

i think it is the frequencies for the vm and the 360 clashing i remember the old videos used to have a tuning screw to change the frequency to stop this !!

I don't think he's using an RF tuner.

The cable box has the same adjustment but is done through the engineers menu. The rf channel can be adjusted.

@ earwig999... try adjusting the rf channel and if it is still the same then connect your cable box via scart and your xbox 360 through component leads to see if this will clear the problem.

Chookey

Back