DobxII Problems - faulty?

nokia8800

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi everyone, firstly I'd like to congratulate you all on this excellent site and knowledge base: I've learnt a lot from here just by readin up on some topics.

I've had a dbox2 running for a few months now, I bought it all flashed etc, running neautrino, works great with no problems whatsoever. I've recently purchased another dbox2 from ebay, I've flashed it using the image and xml files from my original box.

I'm having a problem with the new one where the tv image freezes every ten seconds or so, I can see the channel list etc so I think ive flashed it fine and is seems exactly the same as my other box which is working perfectly.

Ive read on this forum that the ucodes files can becom corrupt, so ive replaced the existing ucodes file with the one from my original box - this has made no difference.

Im just wondering if I have a faulty dbox as the ebay seller from Germany isnt replying to my emails! is there anything else I can try or any other files that I can copy from my box that is working?

Sorry for the long post!

Thanks

derekwd said:
Try dissconecting the modem if sagem or remove it if a nokia, it may help.

I've just tried this, its a bit better but still very unstable and not watchable.

I've just tried to read the img file and then write it, but when I try this through the dbox 2 menu I get an error "unable to locate mtd device"

not sure if this is part of the same problem.

also i think the free to air channels are clearer than the pay ones on this box, on my original one they are exactly the same.

try flashing gavs latest image it has a good evocamd which is what decrypts the encoded channels. worth giving it a shot

Back