Raspberry Pi do you know how to use open media vault? how did you installed the plex web tools?

joeblaze

DW Regular
Reaction score
this is the latest thing i am trying and it has so much stuff im gonna be failing for ages. this is probably old news but i didnt know that you could get your raspberry pi to do more than 1 thing at a time.

so far ive set up the network storage and i had plex server working there i could watch video and listen to music. when i try to install the webtools its all fked up. so if you know then will you tell me how to do that.

if i ever get that completed im gonna set up the the vpn and pi hole and until i get pissed off hahahah

but the thing is. you can do that all on 1 screen. that was kept very quiet probably only for the vip room

Last edited:
now i know after ages that there is no chance of a plex working in my raspberry pi but i think the rest might im gonna try some some stuffs

i dont even have any stuff yet to put on a plex ffs and i wasted ages on that

Plex does work on the pi ive seen it done..

Not a great lover of the pi, i think its shyte for what it is..

But youtube is your friend with regards of installing etc

Plex does work on the pi ive seen it done..

Not a great lover of the pi, i think its shyte for what it is..

But youtube is your friend with regards of installing etc

Even the Pi version4? With dual 4k tv capability with some decent video decoders this time around? $35 for that can't be bad?

Raspberry Pi 4 Model B

Here are the highlights:

• A 1.5GHz quad-core 64-bit ARM Cortex-A72 CPU (~3× performance)
  • 1GB, 2GB, or 4GB of LPDDR4 SDRAM
  • Full-throughput Gigabit Ethernet
  • Dual-band 802.11ac wireless networking
  • Bluetooth 5.0
  • Two USB 3.0 and two USB 2.0 ports
  • Dual monitor support, at resolutions up to 4K
  • VideoCore VI graphics, supporting OpenGL ES 3.x
  • 4Kp60 hardware decode of HEVC video
  • Complete compatibility with earlier Raspberry Pi products

Even the Pi version4? With dual 4k tv capability with some decent video decoders this time around? $35 for that can't be bad?

Raspberry Pi 4 Model B

Here are the highlights:

• A 1.5GHz quad-core 64-bit ARM Cortex-A72 CPU (~3× performance)
  • 1GB, 2GB, or 4GB of LPDDR4 SDRAM
  • Full-throughput Gigabit Ethernet
  • Dual-band 802.11ac wireless networking
  • Bluetooth 5.0
  • Two USB 3.0 and two USB 2.0 ports
  • Dual monitor support, at resolutions up to 4K
  • VideoCore VI graphics, supporting OpenGL ES 3.x
  • 4Kp60 hardware decode of HEVC video
  • Complete compatibility with earlier Raspberry Pi products

As i say, i dont like it.

I opted to setup a server dedicated to automatically download and serve.. plus i can upgrade as and when..

I dont play 4k but my server handles it quite happily.. but as i say i dont watch it.. (cant afford the storage and the mrs like black and white tvs hahahha)

I don't know if u have seen my other post about my laptop that the keyboard and touchpad is locked. I am about to give up on that laptop but now I am thinking could I somehow install omv on it over the network with another computer and control it that way like I do the pi?

Any help.would be great. Cheers

Last edited:
I don't know if u have seen my other post about my laptop that the keyboard and touchpad is locked. I am about to give up on that laptop but now I am thinking could I somehow install omv on it over the network with another computer and control it that way like I do the pi?

Any help.would be great. Cheers

I control my server using teamviewer using my macbook.. works a treat.. sometimes its a change from osx to have a windows OS without installing it. lol..

i am gonna get the pi4 the 4gb one' at the minute im still messing with this omv. i can set up pihole+ vpn. i can set most of what i want.

im not too fused about the media server bit im happy with the shared folders etc.

what i cant do is get them all going at the same time is that possible?

Back