Do you believe?

Kylie's gusset

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have always been drawn to the UFO/Alien subject. Even as a kid Sci-fi was something I loved.

Today we were out for lunch with my sister & her hubby when we began talking in general about our mum & dad. My sister told me something I never knew about dad that really had me thinking...

When dad was in his 20's he & his friends would go camping regularly. They would jump on the train from Manchester straight after work on a friday and travel into the countryside to camp for the weekend, returning on sunday.

My dad told my sister that one particular week they set up camp as usual on the friday evening, went for a walk and turned in as usual, only to find that when they all awoke it was actually sunday!!! A whole day had simply disappeared?

Now I know that every man and his dog are claiming that they have been abducted by aliens nowadays, but this was in the 1930's in rural England.
Roswell etc was much later, 1948 as I recall. As far as I know there hadn't yet been any sightings of UFO's etc.
And my sister maintains that my dad never mentioned little green men or flying saucers, only the fact that they went to sleep on friday and awoke to find that it was sunday. He & his pals were simply puzzled beyond explanation.

To be honest I was gobsmacked when my sis told me about this. Anybody know of any similar experiences?

This happens to me every weekend.

I go to the pub on a Friday and wake up Monday morning having lost all weekend, your father got it easy losing just one day, I lose all flipping weekend......EVERY WEEKEND!!!!

Hold on a sec, I just looked outside and saw this so I took a pic:

images

Last edited:
Personally...I don't believe in aliens...UFO's are different as they are what it stands for ..unidentified. I have lost days due to alcohol but I am not saying your dad did, if he believed it was something else then he had a reason to believe that, I just have never seen any conclusive prove of aliens from other planets so cant say I believe.

when you look at all the billions of stars out there, most of which have solar systems making hundreds of billions of planets out there, it logically stands to reason that some of those planets must have life on them, so yes I believe there are Aliens out there but have they visited earth ?

Personally...I don't believe in aliens...

In an almost infinite universe the chances of life on another planet is almost infinitely high. Consequently, I can say with reasonable certainty, that aliens are out there somewhere !

The chances of them actually visiting this little planet though, are correspondingly, infinitely small.

I watched a documentary a few months back about how the earth was created and such and to be honest it took a heck of a lot of mishaps to fall into place to make earth what it is.

The odds of that ever happening anywhere else out there are very remote indeed. Especially considering that Earth is luckily at the exact point from the sun to make it habitual.

I watched a documentary a few months back about how the earth was created and such and to be honest it took a heck of a lot of mishaps to fall into place to make earth what it is.

The odds of that ever happening anywhere else out there are very remote indeed. Especially considering that Earth is luckily at the exact point from the sun to make it habitual.
You are assuming that any life would be life as we know it (It's life Jim but not as we know it) pmsl

It may not be carbon based life at all, you have to think out of the box ;)

lol, Bronto just beat me to that one :)

Great minds ;) lol

My girlfriend and I witnessed something that blow us a way. Very late at night, and we saw this hmm had to describe, this object in the sky, it was really low to the group, not a shape i had seen before.

Was driving at the time, and we looked at each other, thinking WTF, it was huge, we stopped the car and went back, but had gone. I will never forget it, but it could have been an army experiment thing, but it was a shocker, was in Derby at Pride Park :p

My girlfriend and I witnessed something that blow us a way. Very late at night, and we saw this hmm had to describe, this object in the sky, it was really low to the group, not a shape i had seen before.

Was driving at the time, and we looked at each other, thinking WTF, it was huge, we stopped the car and went back, but had gone. I will never forget it, but it could have been an army experiment thing, but it was a shocker, was in Derby at Pride Park :p

That will be Kenny Miller practicing his shooting

In an almost infinite universe the chances of life on another planet is almost infinitely high. Consequently, I can say with reasonable certainty, that aliens are out there somewhere !

The chances of them actually visiting this little planet though, are correspondingly, infinitely small.

But can you prove it, they have been searching for life in other places for years and still no proof. I never said there wasnt life in other planets, only that I didnt believe there was because of no proof...prove me wrong and I will hold my hands up and say fair enough I was wrong but until then I have to believe the facts and not a theory.

But can you prove it, they have been searching for life in other places for years and still no proof. I never said there wasnt life in other planets, only that I didnt believe there was because of no proof...prove me wrong and I will hold my hands up and say fair enough I was wrong but until then I have to believe the facts and not a theory.

But are the ppl in the high places giving us the facts.? why are documents released by so called goverments about u.f.o's mostly blacked out "yer they can say classifide reasons" but then why release themAnd why do so many ppl say there are u.f.o's i.e pilots army and goverment and the public ?imagene yer they are real and have been here ther would be kayoss ... just my 2 bobs worth lol

But are the ppl in the high places giving us the facts.? why are documents released by so called goverments about u.f.o's mostly blacked out "yer they can say classifide reasons" but then why release themAnd why do so many ppl say there are u.f.o's i.e pilots army and goverment and the public ?imagene yer they are real and have been here ther would be kayoss ... just my 2 bobs worth lol

You are entitled to your 2 bobs worth m8 but whether they with hold info or not, I have not seen any proof, some people swear they have seen ghosts....but again I am not saying they are liars but I have never seen a ghost either so I have no proof in that.

If people want to belive in life outside this planet then fair dues to them but I reserve the right to have my beliefs. Other people may believe I am wrong and are entitled to that but can they prove I am wrong.

You are entitled to your 2 bobs worth m8 but whether they with hold info or not, I have not seen any proof, some people swear they have seen ghosts....but again I am not saying they are liars but I have never seen a ghost either so I have no proof in that.

If people want to belive in life outside this planet then fair dues to them but I reserve the right to have my beliefs. Other people may believe I am wrong and are entitled to that but can they prove I am wrong.

sorry m8y my post was'nt to say your wrong every 1 can have there "2 bobs worth" and i respect that just thought ad give my thoughts and your post just made me think
hope you dont think i was being funny .. regards speedy 1234

Speedy mate Jaffa was not thinking you are funny.

He is not that kind of guy, he is one of the best guys on here., and surely you must know that as your also a long standing member.

But me personally, I though it was foooking hilarious!!!

Only kidding mate.

Same as other posters I'm afraid.
With all the probable billions of planets out there it would be a naive to think that its just us and no-one else.
Others been to earth though...hmmm!

I've gotta admit I read Fortean every day and some of the stuff posted on there is pretty convincing. So yeah..I'll stick my neck out and say that yes we are not alone and yes we ARE being visited.

Just look at some of the unofficial videos from the crews of Mir and the Space Shuttle when they where/are in orbit. Some strange sh*t going on above our planet and it ain't from earth.

Have you seen the far side of the moon pictures? With the structures that they tried to cover up? Not always successfully by the way.
How can you discount life on other worlds when we don't even know what is on 2/3rds of our own planet? No-one has got a clue what is under the ocean and there are still sightings of dinosaurs in some remote areas of Africa. Until this planet has been truly mapped its pretty daft to try to deny other worlds when we don't even understand our own!

......and there are still sightings of dinosaurs in some remote areas of Africa.!

Lol.

Daz you have been abducted mate.

But seriously, I do watch a lot of documentaries, never really take it all in to be honest but when I have a chat with you lot things ring a bell.

And I watched a massive documentary about planet earth and how it was formed and the atmosphere etc, etc.

If anyone has seen that and believes it then you must wonder if any other life can exist anywhere, considering the crazy catastrophes that made the earth, then the position it landed in, combined that with it's lucky distance from the sun, also combined with the moon that was created to keep the planet stable, etc etc. And loads, loads more.

As I say I have no idea about this stuff, I just saw a bit on TV and enjoyed it, which I now bring to this forum for a great discussion.

They won't come here if they are looking for intelligent life ;)

Back