Do u think uk police should carry guns

"stop Or I'll Shoot"

I don't think that they should.
I bet that aftera petty criminal, say a car theif has heard "STOP OR I'LL SHOOT" a few times(as most joy riders are repeat offenders) they might get tired of having to stop running, and arm themselves.

no guns

well i dont think every cop should be given a gun, some are real twats.
get more cops walking round the streets with stun guns any little sods playing up stun them lock them up get them off the street, bring back DC and bostals and give then a bloody good kicking every day, they wont wont to come back, then next time they are nicked they get 6 years next 12 next 18
this country is just to soft

bring back hanging for sure if they killed a cop, and no long apeals taking years each case must be by jury and if they say hang him/her thats it job done no apeal just get on with it
life if its any one else but i mean life no getting out with the option to take a pill and kill them self after ten years save the tax payer some money.

the other thing is prisons are more like holiday champs, bring back bread and water no tv no fags stamps or letters in out, no news papers, books just hard work, 8 till 8 then lock them up till next day.

but when you have human rights how are you every going to stop some bit of scum raping a kid or killing a cop or nicking you mums bag when shes out shoping, never going to happen is it

YES i thinck so as people would thinck befor thay whent out and robed some poor old lady, thay could get shot running away.
It would arso stop gangs thincking thay can go rob whotever thay like.

? Would you go out and rob somwhere knowing that you could get shot trying it, I THINCK NOT.

Cheers.

Partycan said:
YES i thinck so as people would thinck befor thay whent out and robed some poor old lady, thay could get shot running away.
It would arso stop gangs thincking thay can go rob whotever thay like.

? Would you go out and rob somwhere knowing that you could get shot trying it, I THINCK NOT.

Cheers.

I wouldn't go out and rob anyone anyway.

I would think that criminals might take to carrying guns more if they thought they might have to face armed police.

Hasn't helped much in the US.

zooropa said:
After the terrible killing of a woman officer and another injured do u think all uk police should carry guns,please feel free to comment on this subject

no they shouldnt as criminals would arm themselves in response then we would be heading towards the same murder rate statistics as the u.s. also the police want to keep a level of respect between them and the public this would surely decrease if all police were armed.
the murdered police woman Sharon Beshenivsky died after being shot in the chest. i dont see how she would have survived if she had a gun. armed police of course go through intense training but such as in this case armed robbers who are willing to kill shoot on sight they arent going to wait for the police to kill them.

Back