Do PC WORLD GIVE FREE ESTIMATES? cracked lcd netbook screen

Colin

Inactive User
Reaction score
Claiming under travel insurance (long story) and they require an estimate i reckon their estimate will be the highest so more chance of them writing it off but would i need to pay for their estimate? tried phoning them no answeR!

ffs! whats to look at needs a new screen lol looks like priceless it is then

ive an old acer screen in loft m8 if any good
but its not worth claiming as the screens are cheap and can be replaced easily enough .
what screen u after?

well to be honest id imagine it would be pricey if going through a shop etc... including fitting was a samsung n130 netbook 7" use it for travel mainly but got cracked in turkey truth be told id imagine insurance will write it off

i reckon the screen will be around 80 for the genuine samsung screen and at least 40 to fit

If claiming through insurance and you need an estimate and have to pay for it then you can claim that money back also... pain in the ass I know but hey ho!

If claiming through insurance and you need an estimate and have to pay for it then you can claim that money back also... pain in the ass I know but hey ho!

apparantly you cant claim for the estimate back

oh, hmm is there no one on here with there own pc repair shop? if not I could possibly get a m8 of mine who is an electronics repairer to knock some thing up... let me know what model etc and sure he will sort it for you all official etc...

oh, hmm is there no one on here with there own pc repair shop? if not I could possibly get a m8 of mine who is an electronics repairer to knock some thing up... let me know what model etc and sure he will sort it for you all official etc...

Samsung N130 mate, 10.1" screen that would be sweet!

New screen on ebay £53.40 inclusive

NEW SAMSUNG N130 WSVGA 10.1" LAPTOP LCD SCREEN on eBay (end time 19-Aug-10 14:54:16 BST)
or
New screen on ebay £52.99 inclusive

NEW 10.1" Samsung N130 Netbook WSVGA LCD Screen on eBay (end time 03-Aug-10 11:22:31 BST)

Easy to fit and if you have an excess on insurance maybe this is the way to go.

cheap as chips them m8 your excess is gonna be atleast £50 with insurance more than likely £100.

Let me know if you still want me to ask my m8..

i have a registered IT company mate if you want a written estimate let me know if you still need and how much for :p

i have a registered IT company mate if you want a written estimate let me know if you still need and how much for :p

well does it take to fit the screen and whats the hourly rate? the cost of the screen above is a surprise.. as i had bought a new netbook (to go along with the 3 laptops i have lol) so had hoped the sammy would be a write off.... im guessing it could take 2 hours to do the job well just over an hour but that would be classed 2 hours im guessing its at least £35 an hour bringing it up to best part of £120/£130 for a netbook worth £180 im guessing they would write it off?

to replace a laptop screen takes less than 20mins max.

Back