dm800se - Location For EPG's & Picons?

Pimpur Crack

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,

If I wish to use an EPG with a dm800se, do I need to have a USB stick in the dm800se containing the EPG program or data or can it all be done internally in the box. I seem to recall that the last time I wanted to set an EPG up it was recommended to place everything on a USB stick, is this still the case?

Also, the same question for Picons for the OLED display, do these need to be stored on an external USB stick or can they be loaded into the box?

Lastly, is there an established EPG favoured by users such as CrossEPG or are there better alternatives?

Cdmt
Pimpi

It's not advised to use internal memory for storing epg or picons mate

USB or HDD is best to store them on :)

A 1gb usb is more than enough for what you need :)

Hi mate i use coolmans tv guild(from plugins) with crossepg and ftp oled picon file to box installed picons from plugins (HD reflextive).you get sky like epg with oled picons on boI have everything on harddrive as set it not to sleep for 2 hours..works great for me but as rat said if you want picons and epg ever present as hard drive sleeps after 2 hours or what you have set it to.. use usb.

Last edited:
Rat, AJT,

Thanks for your replies.

I have just installed the Cross EPG plugin by FTP the ipk file to the dm800se then installing via the menus. It is installed OK but now I have to configure the settings before it will let me do a download. Is it this download that I have to get to go to a USB stick after I hace configured the CrossEPG settings?

Also, re the settings, in the list there is no specific choice for 28E on its own, it is mixed in with other satellites and there are versions from "hans..." and "ryetec...", is there a best one one to choose from these satellite lists?

Cdmt
Pimpi

Rat, AJT,

Thanks for your replies.

I have just installed the Cross EPG plugin by FTP the ipk file to the dm800se then installing via the menus. It is installed OK but now I have to configure the settings before it will let me do a download. Is it this download that I have to get to go to a USB stick after I hace configured the CrossEPG settings?

Also, re the settings, in the list there is no specific choice for 28E on its own, it is mixed in with other satellites and there are versions from "hans..." and "ryetec...", is there a best one one to choose from these satellite lists?

Cdmt
Pimpi

adjust tuner A to 28.2E and when you confirm it it will ask if you want to disregard other settings or satalites just yes to all and it will search only the one.
in cross epg only change download l; location to usb and the daily download time(if you wish)to suit you and just exit then click on providers and tick sky 28.2E and exit that then scroll down to download now and download.make sure you have ftp rats bouquets to box first or from the plugin

AJT,

Thx for the info.

I have Tuner A set as follows:

Configuration Mode = simple
Mode = Single
Satellite = 28.2E

Rat's list is already in the box, loaded by DreamboxEdit.

How do I change the download location to USB, it is a global setting in the dm800se or is it a specific setting within CrossEPG, I cannot see this option from within CrossEPG?

Cdmt
Pimpi

menu
setup
crossepg
configure

set it all up from there :)

go into open tv and se that to 28.2

then go down to download this will then download the epg to the usb

:)

when im trying to download this im getting crossepg error: error opening epg database, anyone else get this problem??

do the picons show ? this way we know the usb is recognised

no m8 the picons are not showing yet transferred them to media/usb but there still not showing.

sorry wrong folder ive now got them in usr/share/enigma2 and there showing now but still saying crossepg error:cannot open epg database??

As mentioned earlier, on internal memory is not ideal.

It is definitely a no no for the epg.

take out the usb and format to fat32 on pc
still on pc put the folder called picon directly onto the usb

insert back into dreambox and restart the receiver
once booted go into
Menu
Set Up
CrossEPG
Configure
look at the settings
Storage device select your USB (mine says Cruzer Fit)
No
No
No
Once a day
whatever time you want
yes
No No
press red to go back

scroll down to OpenTV providers
select sky uk 28.2 so you have a green tick
red to go back

scroll down to Download Now

that should work mate

his usb has been formatted, but is has been mounted as sdb1. Usb is still showing up althugh empty.

EDIT resolved by switching off. starting without USB and then re-inserting.

Last edited:
good to hear he is sorted now :)

Hi Pimpur crack,

As RAT above, use CrossEPG settings.
I use Cool TV Guide with crossEPG.

Plug USB stick into back USB.
If using B/Hole
goto Device Maneger (Blue + Blue)
Mount USB stick to, media/USB.

That will send all EPG updates their.

BF.

ok need a big thanx to abu for spending the last hour setting my box up the mans a gentleman not the first time hes done it either but hopefully the last:)

thanx again abu and rat for all your help;)

Hi,

Finally got round to setting up picons and CrossEPG to use a USB stick but I cannot get the USB stick recognised by the dm800se?

I have formatted the USB stick in FAT32, loaded the picon folder to the root of the USB stick and then powered down the box, inserted the USB stick and rebooted. Unfortunately, I have no picons showing in the OLED display so I assume I need to mount/configure the USB stick somewhere in the OpenPLi image menus? Would anyone please be able to provide some info as to where the menu setings are to mount the USB, preferably so it is always mounted if the receiver is turned on and off?

Cdmt
Pimpi

Did you initialize the USB stick using the box's menu?

Also picons on oled require a modification to the skin,there is a thread on it somewhere here

Back