Dm800hdpvr

havelln

Inactive User
Reaction score
does anyone know when these are being released as website says delevery withing 3 weeks i emailed them but no reply

The website saying 3 weeks has been like that since begining of March. Dream have been promising this each month for many many months now and if you include the promised release of the dm8000 then it actually goes back 2 years.

Give up on it as if it's ever released you will still need to wait months for software to develope and problems to be solved. The alternative choice is the Kathrein UFS910, or the IPbox 9000HD or the very new iminent release IPbox 900HD (baby version like dm800). The Katherein support seems to be a fraction ahead for me at this present time.

Btw, the IPbox 9000 costs about 600 euros while the Katherein only costs about half that at 300 Euros. The Katherein does not have a card slot so is only meant to be a 'client' to a cardserver, however people are now successfully using cards with a usb interface. Picture here shows bottom left where an external usb card reader has been placed & used inside the Katherein - http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/3944/dsc02333tp1.jpg

Also, cccam does not work afaik so you have to get used to mgcamd which is more technical but the better cam emulation imho.

Just to also add, there is another HD receiver that can be a 'client only' to cardshares, and its fast becoming a well recommended receiver- Golden Interstar 890 priced about 350-ish euros. Its new though so dont know as much about it but its not open source linux.

Last edited:
the picture shows a smartmouse/pheonix reader connected to an rs232-usb serial adaptor, then the lead vanishes under a flat cable, that looks like theres no header connection under it, alsothe card reader has no power source connected to it

after modifying many receivers with hard drives, card readers etc, id be inclined to say thats a fake m8, placed in the receiver to get people talking, as usb-232 adaptors need drivers

Dude its someone well respected, its not fake m8 lol. The 12v power source is wired underneath the phoenix directly from the mainboard and the usb goes to the usb port to the front but it is soldered inside ~the usb connector removed. There are lots more photos but i was just showing this one so that highlights the posibilities are available. The linux drivers are also working (but modified version for Katherein) and it is used with newcs1.5 to share the card and mgcamd works fine now with Katherein too :).

--edit
you can just about see the grey power leads going from the mainboard to the underneath of the phoenix here- http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/6396/dsc02331lg3.jpg
you can see the front usb port with the front panel removed here-
http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/5692/dsc02141xx3.jpg
and thats the circuit board where the usb cable has been soldered to.
:)

Last edited:
yep, can see it now m8 ;), dont suppose youd share where this is, you know i like messing with things like this ;)

A kathrein forum is found here- _http://ufs910.hdtvinfo.eu/ You can get the open source firmware their for development too. But I will pm regarding the private developments dd.
For anyone else worrying it looks like a headache, the usb~serial card reader does not have to be fitted internally. Plus if you dont want or need to share a card from the Kathrein its not needed. eg- I realise from another thread that telewestTUM already has an Eagle / dreambox copy etc, so dont forget its possible to use that other receiver as your 'server' with the card, so for the price the Kathrein is a decent choice for 'client' high definition cardshare. Thats why it seems to be gaining support and popularity. The dm800 just isnt going to happen for months (if ever) and at least the Kathrein has hdmi and not dvi :).

if you need cccam to connect you can use newcs-mgcamd i know a few people who do this and i belive it works quite well.

Is it true mgcamd developers have stopped working on the kathrein until they add russian epg??

Si

But mgcamd is already working so currently it doesnt present a problem? Private development continues anyway (mgcamd are not the only team) and updated softcams work as well as cardshare. Also camd3 works too and lets face it theres been support for 4 months now whereas the dream remains a dream :).

Back