DM800hd HDD problem. Please help!

wilfwilfus

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys.
I have a dm800hd pvr up and running with a western digital internal 2.5" 350gb hdd connected.

I've tried to go through the initialize process but it doesnt seem to do anything.
There is no hdd option in Setup-System as it states in handbook, had to go through blue button -Devices Manager. The hdd information is displayed so it recognises it.

Pressing record displays an error message: Free Disk-size to small!!!<100mb.

I'm new to all this & dont know anything about images, flashing etc. Think its enigma2.

Any help would be appreciated, just want to be able to record.

Thanks,
wilf.
wilf.

Last edited:
Hello

i dont know if you were able to fix your problem or not, but i had similar problem and i just fixed it.

If you guys are not able to find the HDD in the setup menu dont worry its still there but you need to look for it under the Blue Bottom. this issue will happen once you install new image and especially when you start using the Internet shairing.

Follow these steps.

Remote control press Blue bottom, Device Manager,

It should show you the HDD if you sata connection / HDD working properly

Highlight the HDD then press Okay from your remote on the HDD

New menu will open, and You will have multiple options:

Mount, Unmount, Check disck, initialization.

select the option required by clicking on the colored bottoms at your remote control.

try first to initialize the HDD then mount it, initializing the HDD will format it, then do similar steps and mount the HDD using the blue bottom.

Note: If disk initializing took too long and leaded you to empty blue screen with nothing written, then wait no more and do the disk initializing from the DCC

Option Two: DCC disk formatting / mounting

Run it, you will need to get familier with the connectivity options, e.g. if you are connecting through a router you need to set up the router configuration. i have noticed that the most basic connection only work as intended.

From the left Menu choose telent, update flash,

make sure that you click the HDD,

Note: Dismount the HDD, go to Telnet, click discount HDD - Ok

then go back to telnet and choose the option of Format + Mount.

Once completed recording should be possible from the red bottom at the remote control, but i have noticed that once restart things get messy again. and this is what others refer to manual way of mounting, it gave me lots of headache to re do it again, therefore, i believe that we need to blog the operation so it make other people life in the future simple once we get things sorted out in the easiest way.

Best of luck.

Last edited:
Thanks for that vmitri, I am having the very same problem and juat haven't had the time to work out how to get past it. I use DCC a lot so will try your fix.

Back