dm800hd clone or not ?

Defiinitley clones, originals are 350 - 400 quid.If your buying a clone be prepared to accept that there are well known issues with the tuners..even the newest rev L3 are not gauranteed to solve issues with glitching etc..

Quality of clones has been reported to vary, with heat issues also reported, most now seem to have a heatsink and small fan pre-instaled.

Make sure you get SIM 2.01 and Tuner Rev L3. A recent pathed bootloader on SIM2.01 76a lets you use unpatched imagees and drivers which is a good devleopment.

Defiinitley clones, originals are 350 - 400 quid.If your buying a clone be prepared to accept that there are well known issues with the tuners..even the newest rev L3 are not gauranteed to solve issues with glitching etc..

Quality of clones has been reported to vary, with heat issues also reported, most now seem to have a heatsink and small fan pre-instaled.

Make sure you get SIM 2.01 and Tuner Rev L3. A recent pathed bootloader on SIM2.01 76a lets you use unpatched imagees and drivers which is a good devleopment.

what about this one m8, any good ?, Satfool Deals - DM800 HD PVR (Sim Ferrari ss76 ) what hd box would you reccomend then ?

about 200 price m8 ?

Most clones come from the same factories in China, so the same issues will exist across the majority of them..

- Under 200 quid you probably have a choice of Sathawk/Solomend 800HD, Spiderbox, Dm 800 HD clone.

- of these the Dm800HD clone has the highest spec hardware and better software images (Enigma 2)...but unfortunately potential hardware issues as well..

Most clones come from the same factories in China, so the same issues will exist across the majority of them..

- Under 200 quid you probably have a choice of Sathawk/Solomend 800HD, Spiderbox, Dm 800 HD clone.

- of these the Dm800HD clone has the highest spec hardware and better software images (Enigma 2)...but unfortunately potential hardware issues as well..

what about the tm800hd m8, is it a stable box for cccam and image, like client and server ?

i have the tm600, and had nowt but trouble with the tm600, so i am a bit worried about buying one of them tm800hd, if i had the money for tm800hd, is it better than the dm800hd clone ?

I dont own a TM800HD so dont really know.. as far as im aware CCCAM is working as client.
- Server is not working, cardreader is not working either...expected to be fixed at some stage in future software images...
- But I believe CCCAM server doesnt work on older TM500/600 either...without using NewCS as well.

Personally if your intrested in a TM800HD I would wait and see how the software development goes, give it a couple of months and see if the features are working...currently PVR not working (only basic), Wifi not working, card reader not working ..etc etc..

Until the software is all sorted the DM800HD clones are still a better option...

Hi M8,

I have DM800HD clone BL76 and L3 tuner. I have a laptop cooler sat under it and a 20db signal amplifier which works great. I get no breakup of SS1 HD or any others.

I have a swap file set up on the HDD I got in there and it works a treat so far. Only prob I have had is with the EPG it can sometimes crash my box when set to do it automatically. (I'm on a motorised dish though).

CCcam has no problems whatsoever.

JohnO

Hi M8,

I have DM800HD clone BL76 and L3 tuner. I have a laptop cooler sat under it and a 20db signal amplifier which works great. I get no breakup of SS1 HD or any others.

I have a swap file set up on the HDD I got in there and it works a treat so far. Only prob I have had is with the EPG it can sometimes crash my box when set to do it automatically. (I'm on a motorised dish though).

CCcam has no problems whatsoever.

JohnO

hi john thanks for that info, and jsmtech thanks, is this version the newest dm800hd clone out ?

Sim Ferrari ss76

Tuner: DVB-S, REV L3

if so i might go for one of these, the only worry i am thinking is, i hope i dont have another box gathering dust under my bed, like my tm600 m8

Tuner Rev L3, SS67 (bootloader), Sim2.01

- I would say go for SIM 2.01 rather than a Ferarri SIM, at the minute the latest patched bootloder 76a doesnt work on Ferarri SIM, it;s a SIM 2.01 exclusive which lets you use unpatched images and drivers.

- There is rumours that a Ferarri SIM is actually a modified SIM1...Ferarri SIM still fine with patched images though...

Buying a clone always has a bit of risk involved...as you know what to expect beforehand it's not so bad..just know that it may not be perfect...

Tuner Rev L3, SS67 (bootloader), Sim2.01

- I would say go for SIM 2.01 rather than a Ferarri SIM, at the minute the latest patched bootloder 76a doesnt work on Ferarri SIM, it;s a SIM 2.01 exclusive which lets you use unpatched images and drivers.

- There is rumours that a Ferarri SIM is actually a modified SIM1...Ferarri SIM still fine with patched images though...

Buying a clone always has a bit of risk involved...as you know what to expect beforehand it's not so bad..just know that it may not be perfect...

is this the one i need then m8 ?

Satfool Deals - DM800 HD PVR satfoolspecial (Sim 2.01 ss76 )

-Yes thats the one..quite expensive from that site though...these are around 156 quid or less delivered from China based suppliers.

-Yes thats the one..quite expensive from that site though...these are around 156 quid or less delivered from China based suppliers.

yeh i am getting this for 200 pound though in the uk, and if something wrong then the support is there from the supplier to help me out, and if a fault with box, then i know they will take it back for exchange or refund, very good sit owner, i would prefer the tm800hd if that was working perfect though because it isnt a clone, but it isnt working hardly, and i dont know anyone who is using it as server, and client, so it looks like this dm800 then, unless someone tells me the tm800 is more better and rock solid as server and client

So on the latest version of a clone DM800 can we use the official PLi image or do we need to use a patched version?

So on the latest version of a clone DM800 can we use the official PLi image or do we need to use a patched version?

If you have SIM2.01 and use the latest patched bootloader 76a, the YES you can use the Official latest UNPATCHED OpenPLi image.

Does not work with any other SIM version as far as im aware. I have not tested with OpenPLI but other forums report it works fine, I have tested with latest unpatched DreamElite BH 133D and this works fine...evn upgraded manually to latest tuner drivers.

- 1st flash the official image which should already contain official bootloader 76.
- DO NOT REBOOT
- Flash patched bootloader 76a, reboot the box.

Back